E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Anyone else a member of Pistonheads?

06-21-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Anyone else a member of Pistonheads?

As you all know originally I am from Pistonheads.

I am still a member and still post a lot in Midlands which is very friendly, one thing I have noticed in the other forums (namely General Gassing and P&P) it is now flooded out with rude keyboard warriors and the PH Events have all but gone! One thing I haven't noticed with some motoring clubs that I am a member of, BMWCC, PorscheCC and MX5OC.

Is anyone else on here a member?

Anyone else noticed this, is it the beginning of the end for PH?

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Yes (wwesty)...joined back in my TVR days...dont tend to go there much these days apart from local area. Tend to spend time here or on SELOC (Lotus).

Its deffo not like it used to be.....

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Sorry porcha but PH is full off w**kers and id rather pestle and mortice my own balls than associate with any of those pre-madonas.

Sorry for the very crude analogy but i feel strongly about the subject......
      06-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Well that doesn't sound so good

Is it a recent thing Steve A? Or something that has gone on a while?

I used to really like PH but my opinion has changed since Haymarket took over and the Chavs started arriving.

One thing I noticed from the start was that the marque specific forums either tended to be excellent or bad.

The regional forums (e.g. Midlands, North West etc) are still full of the "old skool" PH'ers (us that were there before Haymarket) and are great.

Maybe PistonHeads is a victim of it's own success?

One thing I have noticed about here is that everyone is friendly and plays nicely Well for the majority of time! Must say it is better than PH for friendliness and being informative! Well done E90Post.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Sorry porcha but PH is full off w**kers and id rather pestle and mortice my own balls than associate with any of those pre-madonas.

Sorry for the very crude analogy but i feel strongly about the subject......
Glad to see you're on top form, Steve.

BTW Steve- is a 'pre-madona' a girl who practices singing 'Like a Virgin', before hitting the big time?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
..One thing I have noticed about here is that everyone is friendly and plays nicely Well for the majority of time! Must say it is better than PH for friendliness and being informative! Well done E90Post.
I'd like to say it's because of the 'Northern' contingency on our forum, but that could be interpreted as me being anti-Southern, by the Cockney 'Shamzies'.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
I tend to go on Pistonheads for a laugh.
There are some cracking threads on PH,some that are meant to be of a humorous nature from the outset, others that are not, but rapidly descend into a riot of banter and outrageous pisstaking.

There seems to be an increasing number of nobjockeys on PH that spend their lives winding other's up, and doing it incredibly well.

It will never die, as long as posters feed the very people that seem to want to destroy it.

Quote:
Porscha!
One thing I have noticed about here is that everyone is friendly and plays nicely Well for the majority of time! Must say it is better than PH for friendliness and being informative! Well done E90Post.
Quote:
vivekk Quote:

I'd like to say it's because of the 'Northern' contingency on our forum, but that could be interpreted as me being anti-Southern, by the Cockney 'Shamzies'.

Viv

This type of outrageous banter is the sort I'm talking about,the use of: cockney coupled with shamzie is a cruel jibe, any of those words used on their own would be acceptable, but together,so,so wounding!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
As Groucho said "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members"

or even better "Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot." Brilliant.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #8
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Quote:
vivekk Quote:

Viv

This type of outrageous banter is the sort I'm talking about,the use of: cockney coupled with shamzie is a cruel jibe, any of those words used on their own would be acceptable, but together,so,so wounding!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Used PH to sell my car, that's about it. Not interested in their forum - everything I need is here
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
vivekk Quote:

Viv
You'll like this VIV

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
You'll like this VIV
Uncannily realistic, Ian!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post

Seems I spoke faaaar too soon on this matter.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

I've been on PH for a few years and still visit the TVR (mainly Cerbera) forum quite a lot. I also dip into the BMW forum from time to time but to be honest it's not really E90 specific so don't get a great deal from it. PH is a victim of it's own success and it is now blessed with some odd characters, however it isn't just the newer members that are the problem, some of the older members are quite clickly and this is often apparent in some of the threads...

The localised forums do tend to be better and I'm a member of FCCUK, RS246 and Z3MC as they are forums I use because I owned a particular marque of car at the time. The good thing is I still use them from time to time and even attend some of the organised events, this is even though I no longer own that particular type of car..........

I still enjoy PH (Cerb, TVR Gen Gassing, Vmax, Watches!! and now BMW forums), but only certain forums.

Jules.
Appreciate 0