E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New 335i Cab - Some Questions

03-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Falken 452's or Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Hello Guvernator, welcome to the forum; you'll find within it a wealth of useful info and opinions. Can I please put in a good word for m1bjr (Steve) who is a brilliant poster and tells it like it is, but always utters wise words.

Right, Oscar speech over........I found the switch from Bridgestone run flats on my E92 to Conti 5P's made three differences, as follows:
1) the grip, precision and trust of my car's handling was greatly improved, especially once the tyres had a few miles under them (or maybe it was me?)
2) the ride comfort was improved a fair bit, but is still pretty firm......I'd say (to answer your original question) a 20% improvement in ride quality
3) it hurt big time in the wallet......four corners was £820 I think, ouch! Next time all four need renewing I'll try Falkens.

As for the Aero lip, not for me, sorry.

Hope this helps, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #25
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Thanks for all the replies, some excellent advice especially from Mike in H. Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for.

I may be looking to go to 19's so I will probably changes the tyres at the same time and just sell on the 18's with the RFT's. Looks like changing might give me the improvement I want. Worth a try before going down the suspension route I think.

The Falkens are getting lots of votes, I just never like them too much when I had them on a Skyline I owned previouly. Felt very squirmy but the 452's may have improved as this was a few years ago. Just don't really want to compromise on tyre choice and I always saw the Falkens as more of a mid-range tyre. Yes the other premium bands are more expensive but still cheaper than RFT's. I will however have to re-evaluate the Falkens after all the positive feedback on here.

As for the car, yes it's 2007 registered pre-lci so the front splitter should fit. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I feel it adds a bit of added aggression to the otherwise very smooth SE.
Appreciate 0