E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bluetooth retrofitted

04-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
giotecno
THE DIESEL WEASEL
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Garage List
2017 BMW 330e  [0.00]
2005 320D ES  [0.00]
I think he might have the Mobridge BMW unit installed. It works by emulating it self as a bmw TCU unit but is actually a box with Parrot technology works like a OEM unit as the head unit thinks there is a oem one attached. as per the link

http://www.mobridge-ipod.co.uk//mObr...h-for-your-BMW
      04-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #24
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1986 mr2 mk1

ive just looked at the instructions and its called fiscon hands free kit ,so well done to the guy that spotted that earlier ! ,its german made by kufatec ,and will stream audio also from any device paired
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #25
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismanchr View Post
ive just looked at the instructions and its called fiscon hands free kit ,so well done to the guy that spotted that earlier ! ,its german made by kufatec ,and will stream audio also from any device paired
Bingo, this is exactly what I'm after so thanks for posting. I've dropped them an email.
      04-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #26
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

well i think the price is right also ,certainly not ripped off as ive just done a search ,and found others are doing it for prices around 349quid so very happy with my purcahse and the guy was a nice bloke ,not just a parrot kit fox lol
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 01:34 AM   #27
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I see none of the manuals mention the voice button on the steering wheel. I guess this doesn't work?
      04-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #28
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

vioce activation? no ,doesnt work ,the only thing that doesnt work ,but its no great loss
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #29
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i think thats something different to the bluetooth system anyway
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #30
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thought so cheers. Rick @mobileinstall has passed my details to my local fitter.
      04-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #31
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:

Apparently it's just been released. I'm seriously tempted to pull out my Parrot and get one of these fitted. It's a PITA not having the telephone numbers displayed on the screen.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #32
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Hello I've just googled myself and found this thread so I thought I'd register and give you some info about the system I fitted in Chris's car.

Its Made by Kufatec in Germany and comprises of a Parrot handsfree chipset and microphone and the MOST interface used by all the infotainment modules in modern BMW cars so to all intents and purposes its just like the factory bluetooth other than the little microphone that is fitted up by the interior light and Parrot handset compatibility which is far superior to the stock BMW system.

It will work with any newish BMW that has the MOST bus in it (two orange fibre optic cables that run around the car) which is everything with the BMW professional system and above (i.e. not basic BMW business radio's I'm afraid)

Compatible cars

1ser - E81, E82, E87, E88

3ser - E90, E91, E92, E93

5ser - E60, E61

6ser - E63, E64

X1 - E84

X5 - E70

X6 - E71

Z4 - E89

Compatible radios

Radio Professional (singleDIN)

Radio CCC Radio Champ

Navigation CCC Business

Navigation CCC Professional

Navigation CIC Business

Navigation CIC Professional

I have been fitting Kufatec kit into VAG cars for about 2 years now but this system for BMW has just been released so is relatively new to the market. I have supplied and fitted 5 units now with no problems.

The price is £345+vat fitted (£414.00incl)

I'm based in Manchester so can do this for you anywhere around that area but if you drop me a PM if you're not from around here I'll probably be able to recommend a decent fitter in your area.

I have uploaded 2 YouTube video's of the kit working with both BMW Professional radio and iDrive so you can have a look at the kit in operation.

I'm a much better installer than movie director so please forgive my ameturish presentation.

Cheers.......... Rick
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #33
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice to see you here Rick, I dropped you an email last night.

You might want to drop a moderator a PM before you go advertising yourself too much around the forum, some forums don't like it
      04-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #34
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE91 View Post
Nice to see you here Rick, I dropped you an email last night.

You might want to drop a moderator a PM before you go advertising yourself too much around the forum, some forums don't like it
Hi Chris, I think Sean will be able to do you a similar deal down there in Northampton, he's a good guy been in the trade for more than 10 years and I've used him myself for jobs in your area.

Sorry if I haven't complied with the forum rules, I've not put any links in my post and tried to make it as informative as possible. I've put the price that I charge on there to prevent you guys from being stitched up as I've heard this kit is being sold at some crazy prices mainly by BMW stealers.

The chap who started this post didn't know what I'd fitted and there was a bit of speculation as to what he had got so I thought I'd explain.

Any mods please feel free to edit my post and delete anything that you think doesn't comply with the forums rules.

Cheers......... Rick

Last edited by mobileinstall; 04-09-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #35
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers Rick, I look forward to hearing from Sean
      04-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #36
bbsboy
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 DCT

Rick,

Have you any solutions to ipod in an 09 320d coupe?

Thanks

Steven
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #37
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

excellent glad you saw the thread rick ,i'm very pleased with my upgrade ,ive seen threads on here where people list a massive amount parts ,labour and coding ,and then when its fitted ,they put up how disapointed the system is ,due to poor clarity and mobile compatability ,the system you fitted to mine works with my crappy htc tattoo ,works perfectly well like oem through the radio ,phone book,calls all displayed thier

i just didnt realise i'd got something so new lol

Last edited by chrismanchr; 04-09-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #38
macdo
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 32d

Rick, Looks like a superb kit, do you have a price for the kit without fitting?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #39
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsboy View Post
Rick,

Have you any solutions to ipod in an 09 320d coupe?

Thanks

Steven
Dension Ice Link One is a good bit of kit, works with any iPod on any car. You should be able to get that fitted with the iPod cradle on a non drill bracket for less than £150

Quote:

i just didnt realise i'd got something so new lol
Hi Chris

You were customer No.5 for this product so you weren't a complete Guinea Pig. I always avoid selling new kit like the plague when it first ships as there are always software glitches for the first few months but this product has been extensively tried and tested in Germany for months before we got our stock over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdo View Post
Rick, Looks like a superb kit, do you have a price for the kit without fitting?
Hi Macdo I fit stuff in cars for a living, its a genuine professional occupation which I've been doing for 26 years and its important for me as it feeds my kids.
There's no point in anyone like myself trying to just sell stuff as a legitimate UK business.
There will already be a load of people who will have bought pallet loads of these kits from germany and selling them from vat free havens on ebay cheaper than I can buy them in 10's trade from the UK distributor.

Installation costs around £50+vat, Trust me, its worth it. I guarantee you won't be able to fit it without marking your trim and if you break those fibre optics its mega money to replace. Get a good installer to supply and fit you one his work comes with £5,000,000 worth of insurance and a 12 month on site warranty.

In the time it would take for YOU to fit it I could be in and out slotted it in without making a mark on your motor and left you plenty of time to do whatever it is YOU do best to make the £50.

I really hope you don't take offence at this, I have absolutely no idea what it is you do for a living but say for instance you're a doctor and I was to say insulin sounds brilliant where is the chemist? then you might understand how I feel.

Its true what I do isn't brain surgery, I think brain surgeons earn about 150x more an hour than me.

Last edited by mobileinstall; 04-09-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #40
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileinstall View Post
Dension Ice Link One is a good bit of kit, works with any iPod on any car. You should be able to get that fitted with the iPod cradle on a non drill bracket for less than £150

Hi Chris

You were customer No.5 for this product so you weren't a complete Guinea Pig. I always avoid selling new kit like the plague when it first ships as there are always software glitches for the first few months but this product has been extensively tried and tested in Germany for months before we got our stock over here.

Hi Macdo I fit stuff in cars for a living, its a genuine professional occupation which I've been doing for 26 years and its important for me as it feeds my kids.
There's no point in anyone like myself trying to just sell stuff as a legitimate UK business.
There will already be a load of people who will have bought pallet loads of these kits from germany and selling them from vat free havens on ebay cheaper than I can buy them in 10's trade from the UK distributor.

Installation costs around £50+vat, Trust me, its worth it. I guarantee you won't be able to fit it without marking your trim and if you break those fibre optics its mega money to replace. Get a good installer to supply and fit you one his work comes with £5,000,000 worth of insurance and a 12 month on site warranty.

In the time it would take for YOU to fit it I could be in and out slotted it in without making a mark on your motor and left you plenty of time to do whatever it is YOU do best to make the £50.

I really hope you don't take offence at this, I have absolutely no idea what it is you do for a living but say for instance you're a doctor and I was to say insulin sounds brilliant where is the chemist? then you might understand how I feel.

Its true what I do isn't brain surgery, I think brain surgeons earn about 150x more an hour than me.
+1

I couldn't agree more.

I know that a lot of people enjoy doing their own work on cars but I am so cack handed it really isn't worth the risk of causing expensive/unsightly damage.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #41
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm very confident working on my car. I've been working on cars for 10 years or so now and have fitted several "handsfree" kits already. However for the sake of £50 I'd rather have someone with a bit more experience and more importantly insurance should anything go wrong.

I was looking at buying a Parrot mki9000 and fitting it myself however for the kit alone with steering wheel interface was a little over £200. But it wouldn't have had any interaction with the stereo/display. For £200 extra fitted I think this is much better.

The only thing I think is a shame is that they haven't developed a mic that fits in the oem slot rather than the standard Parrot style mic.
      04-10-2011, 04:30 AM   #42
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i'm very confident working on cars mechanical etc but not electrics ,not into the ICE modding scene at all ,i havent changed a car radio in 20 years ,blue tooth being so new ,ive not got a clue ,its a one off thing ,once its fitted just use it ,hence i got someone to do it and I know very little about the systems etc ,where as repairing and maintaining your engine ,suspension ,brakes etc is something you either pay lots for and allways wonder wiether its been done correctly or do it yourself ,and ive been doing it on bmws,porsches and alfas for a long time and i have a genuine intrest in it ,I rebuilt the topend of my mums saxo last month ,new headgasket etc ,enjoyed everyminute of it
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #43
macdo
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 32d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileinstall View Post
Hi Chris

To be honest i do take slight offence. I never questioned your ability at fitting the unit or did i say i just wanted to have a go myself.

I like you are an auto installer and have been installing units into cars as my professional occupation for the past 8 years. The only reason i asked is i cant find anywhere in the uk that will supply them and I would be interested in buying the kit for my car.

Forget i asked.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #44
jotty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320I CONV

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdo View Post
To be honest i do take slight offence. I never questioned your ability at fitting the unit or did i say i just wanted to have a go myself.

I like you are an auto installer and have been installing units into cars as my professional occupation for the past 8 years. The only reason i asked is i cant find anywhere in the uk that will supply them and I would be interested in buying the kit for my car.

Forget i asked.

Cant please everyone I suppose, its a great thread and for £50 no matter how skilled you are it isn't worth the hassle of diy. I will be conacting to shortly for one of these. Well done.
Appreciate 0