E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Paint damage after being nailed by truck tire

11-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #1
JasW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 6MT

Garage List
Paint damage after being nailed by truck tire

I was driving home after a 7 hr r/t drive last night on the unlit Alligator Alley here in South Florida when I suddenly came across a huge blown truck tire crescent while changing lanes. I swerved, but it still caught the lower front passenger side fender, resulting in the paint damage below.

I'd had a little bit of road rash there, but the either the trip or the tire gave me a lot more. I know about Dr. ColorChip for the road rash, but can anyone point me in the right direction, either suggestion-wise or a DIY, for the main damage? I have the OEM touch-up and clear coat, should I treat it just like a very large chip, blobbing it and using the blob eliminator/melter, etc.?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Bumper was repainted before? They did not use quality products and I think you will have to take again to a body shop. They will most likely do spot paint repair.
Appreciate 0