E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official cigar thread

10-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #287
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

One new stick that I have been enjoying is the Undercrown by Drew Estates. Although I think something changed from the first batch I tried (for the worse) they are still very good. I also bought a box of the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor belicosos, now that is one of my favorite smokes right now.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #288
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 E36 325is; 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps
One new stick that I have been enjoying is the Undercrown by Drew Estates. Although I think something changed from the first batch I tried (for the worse) they are still very good. I also bought a box of the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor belicosos, now that is one of my favorite smokes right now.
Nice selections!

Drew Estates Liga makes some good cigars. I've had a corona sized Undercrown before, not a bad cigar. I like the No. 9, have a pack of the Papas Fritas-nice tasty smoke when you don't have a lot of time. I want to try the T52 next.

I've had the regular La Aroma de Cubas in a Robusto and loved it. Never tried the Mi Amor.

Trying to figure out what I want to smoke tonight. Might go with a Casa Fernandez Miami that was freshly hand rolled last week at the local B&M.

2007 Jet Black 335i Coupe: Saddle Brown interior | ZSP | ZCP | ZPP | iPod integration.
1994 Hellrot 325is: Sport Package | PSS9 Coilover | AutoThority chip | AutoThority CF Intake | UUC pullies | Dinan HiFlo Throttle Body | UUC StrutBarbarian | UUC Evo II SSK | BMW Motorsports X Brace | Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust | Kumho Ecsta V700 R Comps |
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #289
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M e93

I shared a box of mi amor with a buddy. Great cigar but for whatever reason the box we shared had a lot of sticks with bad draws. Hope you don't experience the same
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #290
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Night View Post
I shared a box of mi amor with a buddy. Great cigar but for whatever reason the box we shared had a lot of sticks with bad draws. Hope you don't experience the same
Haven't noticed that issue with any of mine, what vitola were they?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #291
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Haven't noticed that issue with any of mine, what vitola were they?
I believe it was the Maximo we picked up. It was sometime ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #292
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

Not thing worse then a bad draw on a good cigar
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #293
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup! To be honest I rarely have a bad draw on a NC. Also for cigars I buy a box of I tend to go with the more complex vitolas like belicoso, salomon, perfecto etc as they tend to only be rolled by the more experienced rollers.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #294
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup! To be honest I rarely have a bad draw on a NC. Also for cigars I buy a box of I tend to go with the more complex vitolas like belicoso, salomon, perfecto etc as they tend to only be rolled by the more experienced rollers.
Good point. I'd keep that in mind!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #295
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Cracked open my Tatuaje Old Man and the C coffin today. Started with the Black Label lancero and going to share the culebra with my 2 buddies tomorrow during the Ravens game.
Attached Images

2007 Jet Black 335i Coupe: Saddle Brown interior | ZSP | ZCP | ZPP | iPod integration.
1994 Hellrot 325is: Sport Package | PSS9 Coilover | AutoThority chip | AutoThority CF Intake | UUC pullies | Dinan HiFlo Throttle Body | UUC StrutBarbarian | UUC Evo II SSK | BMW Motorsports X Brace | Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust | Kumho Ecsta V700 R Comps |
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #296
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

Nice. Like too hear what you think of it after you smoked it. I'm enjoying a tatuaje fausto right now. Not petes best, but a power house of a cigar and at $8 a stick not bad IMO
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #297
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice. Like too hear what you think of it after you smoked it. I'm enjoying a tatuaje fausto right now. Not petes best, but a power house of a cigar and at $8 a stick not bad IMO
The lancero was very good with nice nutty and cocoa tones to it but definitely peppery start to finish-not as bad towards the last 3rd but it was there. The culebra had a similar profile but not as peppery-it was smoother/creamier. At around $35/coffin, I think it's a great deal since you love Tatuaje. Really if you break it down, you're looking at $7/stick in that coffin.

Stopped by the store today and picked some more sticks-primarily for aging and storing for now, though I might try one of the Colorado Claros and the GoF this weekend. AND I had racked up enough points on my loyalty card to earn a new Diamond Crown humidor (40 count):

http://www.diamondcrown.com/alexander.php (the one at the bottom)

1 God of Fire Serie B Gran Toro
4 Opus X Destino al Siglo Super Belicosos
2 2013 Davidoff Clubhouse Toros
4 Davidoff Colorado Claro Robustos
1 Opus X tin of Robustos (3 count)

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #298
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

I will for sure pick up some coffins next time I head down too Portland. Went too Bellingham last week and picked these up. Tatuaje grand cojonu. Just a day trip so couldn't bring back too many.
That's a good looking humidor btw! Some nice sticks you got there too. Man I miss smoking davidoffs. Think I need too add them too my next cigar run in the states.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #299
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will for sure pick up some coffins next time I head down too Portland. Went too Bellingham last week and picked these up. Tatuaje grand cojonu. Just a day trip so couldn't bring back too many.
That's a good looking humidor btw! Some nice sticks you got there too. Man I miss smoking davidoffs. Think I need too add them too my next cigar run in the states.
Nice! I need to try the Grand Cojonu out. My B&M doesn't have the widest selection of Tatuaje, but there's another not to far that is a pretty big Tatuaje place. I might go there this weekend and see what's available from this year's Halloween series offering.

What are the non-banded ones?

Yeah, I really like Davidoffs for my mild to mid strengths. Always had a place in my humidors since the 90s. Just a consistent smooth smoke, well built. Even their Nicaraguan Puro is mellow than most NCs but in a good way.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #300
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
Nice! I need to try the Grand Cojonu out. My B&M doesn't have the widest selection of Tatuaje, but there's another not to far that is a pretty big Tatuaje place. I might go there this weekend and see what's available from this year's Halloween series offering.

What are the non-banded ones?

Yeah, I really like Davidoffs for my mild to mid strengths. Always had a place in my humidors since the 90s. Just a consistent smooth smoke, well built. Even their Nicaraguan Puro is mellow than most NCs but in a good way.
Where in MD are you and where do you shop for cigars?
      11-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #301
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

The ones with no band are the grand cojonu. The two that you see with a band is the tatuaje reserva
I been waiting too get my hands on this years Halloween series too.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #302
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Where in MD are you and where do you shop for cigars?
I'm in Ellicott City and the B&M I go to is Davidus. It's somewhat small compared to their other stores but they have a very quality selection. They're a Davidoff Appointed Merchant and so I've been able to get the good stuff, including the early release of the Nicaraguan Puros in August as opposed to September, as well as limited edition and limited production items like those Clubhouses and Colorado Claros. They're also a preferred Prometheus dealer as well so you can get their products (such as lighters, ashtrays, GoF cigars, etc).

Pretty knowledgeable staff too-whenever I go, I always ask them to pick some sticks out for me to try. They're pretty good with their selections (at all price points) and I've discovered some new smokes that way.

http://www.davidus.com/home.html

Another place is Hunt Valley called the Humidour and they're a big Ashton place and that's the place that apparently has the good Tatuaje selection. I still have to check it out there-my friend goes there all the time and loves it there. He's been to various Ashton tastings and events at that store.

http://humidour.com/

Last edited by Jed; 11-01-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #303
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Now I really, really want to have a smoke...

Oh yeah, Davidus also has some pretty cool in-store events. Earlier this year, Cynthia Fuente visited the store. At the Humidour, Pete Johnson visited recently. Unfortunately missed both events.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #304
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Cool. I've only done a little shopping around when I'm in MD, but there are stores at the Columbia and Arundle Mills malls that have really good prices. There's another great store near Quantico that you used to be able to smoke it, but the neighboring stores complained. I've tried finding cigar lounges that you can smoke indoors at around MD so I'm surprised I've never seen Davidus.
      11-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #305
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Cool. I've only done a little shopping around when I'm in MD, but there are stores at the Columbia and Arundle Mills malls that have really good prices. There's another great store near Quantico that you used to be able to smoke it, but the neighboring stores complained. I've tried finding cigar lounges that you can smoke indoors at around MD so I'm surprised I've never seen Davidus.
Oh man, yeah-I know the store in Columbia Mall you're talking about. Their prices are pretty high actually-like I've overpaid on cigars by anywhere from $5-7 over Davidus. I believe Arundel Mills is Tobacco Leaf-they have another store in Jessup with a smoking lounge.

So you're familiar with the area then. Davidus is about 10 minutes away from Columbia Mall. Take 29N to Rt 40W. About 1/2 mile after you get off, after the light to St. John's Lane, take a right into Chatham Station. It's in the little tiny strip mall on the first right where the Goodyear is. They also have a smoking lounge as well.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #306
///M-Night
Private First Class
Rep

What are some you guys prize cigars? Maybe something special too you
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #307
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
my box of edmundo dantes very rare. And my gran reservas

I currently would like to get rid of some hoyo epi 2 and partagas serie d #4

I would be willing to sell some pm me if interested. located in michigan
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #308
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't really have a prized cigar as I smoke all my cigars. So they wouldn't be prized for very long.

However I can mention some of my more memorable cigars. The two that come to mind was a well aged RASCC which was amazing and had an aroma I have not seen since in any cigar I have smoked including other RASCC. The other would be a similarly aged H. Upmann Magnum.
Appreciate 0