E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Reduce Rasp without making exhaust Quieter

11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Reduce Rasp without making exhaust Quieter

So the Vibrant resonators seem to be a popular choice on here, but I wanted to reduce rasp without actually making my exhaust any quieter. Would anybody have a recomendation for a small resonator that may be able to help me with this?

BMW Performance Exhaust is rasp free, but once you add downpipes it becomes very raspy at the top end.

I am only adding the downpipes for the sake of making my exhaust louder, but if the resonators will quiet the exhaust back down to the same levels as stock downpipes then the mod is worthless to me.

Last edited by SuperBmw; 11-15-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
Ghoti
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw View Post
...but if the resonators will quiet the exhaust back down to the same levels as stock downpipes then the mod is worthless to me.
No worries there. They won't quiet your exhaust much if at all. They'll just reduce rasp.