E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *Official* Active Autowerke Flash Thread

12-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #1827
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Andrew:

My car went into BMW today for brake replacement. While in there, the car's ECU was updated unannounced to me. It appears the tuning went back to OEM file (various other coding I've done has been wiped out)

However, I went to retune the car and I selected my latest modification file and I got a notification that the ECU is flashed to this latest tune. I don't believe it because the OEM limiter is in place (soft limit at 7000), and we raised it to 7200 RPM. As well I don't hear or feel the VANOS kick-over early like prior.

So, I went to try and reflash with an earlier tune or Original Tune with my Simon tool and I have this error:

Code 0x2101: File incompatible with the ECU

It appears the updated ECU has caused an issue with the old tuning files. The ECU was updated per SIB 34 03 13.

I have an issue now where I cannot tune and files on my Simon tool to the ECU. It also appears that the only option on the Simon tool is "write".

There is no way to "read" from the Simon Tool. So I'm confused how I am able to retrieve you the actual ECU file anymore.

I'm more concerned about writing new files to the ECU after header install since I cannot do it currently with the tunes.

What do I need to do? Is there anyway to "reset" the Simon tool in order for me to re-read the ECU and get a current, "original" file to update after that?

PS - I've looked up the PDF document on how to reset the tool via the provided document but it wants me to flash my car with the OE tune prior. This is impossible though!
Give our software dept a call wer will need to reset your tool if they in fact reflashed your ecu.
      12-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #1828
justpete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Andrew:

My car went into BMW today for brake replacement. While in there, the car's ECU was updated unannounced to me. It appears the tuning went back to OEM file (various other coding I've done has been wiped out)

However, I went to retune the car and I selected my latest modification file and I got a notification that the ECU is flashed to this latest tune. I don't believe it because the OEM limiter is in place (soft limit at 7000), and we raised it to 7200 RPM. As well I don't hear or feel the VANOS kick-over early like prior.

So, I went to try and reflash with an earlier tune or Original Tune with my Simon tool and I have this error:

Code 0x2101: File incompatible with the ECU

It appears the updated ECU has caused an issue with the old tuning files. The ECU was updated per SIB 34 03 13.

I have an issue now where I cannot tune and files on my Simon tool to the ECU. It also appears that the only option on the Simon tool is "write".

There is no way to "read" from the Simon Tool. So I'm confused how I am able to retrieve you the actual ECU file anymore.

I'm more concerned about writing new files to the ECU after header install since I cannot do it currently with the tunes.

What do I need to do? Is there anyway to "reset" the Simon tool in order for me to re-read the ECU and get a current, "original" file to update after that?

PS - I've looked up the PDF document on how to reset the tool via the provided document but it wants me to flash my car with the OE tune prior. This is impossible though!
Had the same problem. Andrew had me verify all the PC software for the Simon was updated to the latest revision and then perform a complete reset, he walked me through this process as it isn't open documentation. Then I was able to read the ECU, send them the file, and they modified the existing tunes plus the new one with the information from the new ECU file and email me back the updated files which loaded perfectly. HTH
2011 E90 328i ZSP 6MT, PI+RM+3IM+AAstg3, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+PE, AKG eng/UUC trans mnts, CM 850, UCP, CAE shifter, AKG DSSR, PG 3.73 2-way 100% LSD, HVT 3-way, adj end links, TMS Delrin diff/RS, M3 arms/links, RE toe arms+Aurora PR, all BW spherical bearings, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, 135i calipers+ST kit+Ti, BW guide bushings, XP10, ST lines/RT700, F30 shields, Safecraft, Schroth, M3 steering wheel, RT DL1Mk3/DASH3
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #1829
justpete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Give our software dept a call wer will need to reset your tool if they in fact reflashed your ecu.
Dang, beat me by four minutes.

Not that I could fix it or anything but, timing!
2011 E90 328i ZSP 6MT, PI+RM+3IM+AAstg3, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+PE, AKG eng/UUC trans mnts, CM 850, UCP, CAE shifter, AKG DSSR, PG 3.73 2-way 100% LSD, HVT 3-way, adj end links, TMS Delrin diff/RS, M3 arms/links, RE toe arms+Aurora PR, all BW spherical bearings, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, 135i calipers+ST kit+Ti, BW guide bushings, XP10, ST lines/RT700, F30 shields, Safecraft, Schroth, M3 steering wheel, RT DL1Mk3/DASH3
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #1830
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Dang, beat me by four minutes.

Not that I could fix it or anything but, timing!