E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Stay Away from Roseville BMW...

05-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
White Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Stay Away from Roseville BMW...

Their sales dept told me I had a loan approval through BMW Financial Services two months ago. Makes sense, since I have a current motorcycle loan with BMW. I factory ordered the $49995 car, negotiated a $46,000 price and waited a month for it to arrive. I brought my $10,000 down payment when I came to pick up the car Sunday, 05/11/08. My CA "forgot" the negotiated price and tried to hit me with sticker all over again. I was going to walk but they relented and offered the car at the original negotiated price, with 3.9% financing.

On Tuesday a gruff sales mgr named Gordon (not the one who had me sign the loan contract) calls to tell me that I don't have a loan now, that BMW will only lease the car with $10,000 down. A few minutes later I called Maureen, my CA, who said, "Don't worry about it, there's a mistake. Besides, that guy's a jerk anyway." Maureen called back later that evening and told me a completely different story, claiming that she submitted the credit application as a lease (though I told her two months ago that I'd never lease a car.) She had every opportunity to tell me this fact since early April, if in fact it's true at all, so why did she have me sign a loan contract with Ovi the finance mgr on Sunday? She was "very busy" after lowering the boom Tuesday evening, wouldn't entertain any questions, and hustled me off the phone as fast as she could. I haven't heard from her since.

I talked to Paul that night, her sales mgr, who confirmed all new truths. He was nice enough while trying to convince me that, "these cars are pieces of s**t, and that I wouldn't want to own one anyway." He wants me to come back and sign a lease agreement with $10,000 down or give the car back by Friday (yesterday.)

I have left two messages this week for Tom, the general mgr of Roseville BMW, neither of which has been answered.

I took the day off from work yesterday to see an attorney to see what rights I have in this situation. I left messages for everyone with whom I had contact at Roseville BMW since 9 AM yesterday. Ovi called me late in the afternnoon yesterday to rehash the dealership's position but now the lease rate is 6%. I told him that I have no intention of returning the vehicle for lease or for any other reason, that I have a loan contract signed by Roseville BMW, and that I have retained the services of an attorney.

If they "knew" since March that BMW would not approve a loan, why did the dealership have me wait two months for the car, have the CA, sales mgr and finance mgr accept my down payment and sign a loan contract without telling me any of this until after I took delivery of the car?

I see only one possible explanation, and it doesn't involve an honest mistake. In my book it's called consumer fraud.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Yeah that sucks... There's language in the paperwork about the deal NOT being final until it's approved by BMW Financial and the Sales manager has signed off or something like that so your legal recourse is going to be pretty slim I think.

However you can assure the Sales manager that Withdrawing this offer will cost him multiple future sales as there are likely dozens of potential future customers reading these threads and taking notes... May not help though.

If you got a CA who was being a little over ambitious this stuff can happen.

Go buy an Audi... Besides, $10k down on a lease is as you mentioned completely mental...
      05-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
sdwilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Had something similar happen to me years ago with another brand car, I basically told them sure I'll bring the car back, oh and by the way I have 2000 miles on it now, and I really don't mind having to go to a different dealer to get the same car.. Oddly they suddenly worked it all out.

I seem to hear these kinds of stories every so often when people are talking about getting a new car.

Oh and 10k down for a lease is umm bad. (Oddly enough I agree with Paul there when he says he wouldn't own one, once mine is out of warranty it's gone).
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwilly View Post
Had something similar happen to me years ago with another brand car, I basically told them sure I'll bring the car back, oh and by the way I have 2000 miles on it now, and I really don't mind having to go to a different dealer to get the same car.. Oddly they suddenly worked it all out.

I seem to hear these kinds of stories every so often when people are talking about getting a new car.

Oh and 10k down for a lease is umm bad. (Oddly enough I agree with Paul there when he says he wouldn't own one, once mine is out of warranty it's gone).
+1.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
zamboni
I want to drive a Zamboni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E93 M3 18 F80 M3 16 K71

Garage List
16 K71 F800GT  [10.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 BMW E93 M3  [10.00]
Did you apply the loan via BMW finance online ? If so they should send you the confirmation if the loan is approved. Well you can try Neillo BMW in Sacramento or Elk Grove.

2000 E46,2006 E90,09 E82,13 E93 328i,14 F30 335i,18 F80 M3
My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i

oh man sorry to hear. i hope that dealer gets what's coming to them. did you try alerting bbb.org and the state attorney general's office?

Last edited by dhan; 05-17-2008 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
sucks to hear bro.... I've been to the Roseville BMW a couple times.

thats a pretty dirty stunt they are trying to pull

good luck with the situation....

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
mitchius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6mt

This happened to me on a Dodge pickup over 20 years ago. I said f-u and went out and secured a load elsewhere ( so they made zip on the financing).
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
Blizz
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 Audi A4 2.0T

try securing financing somewhere else so you can still keep the car.

if not, then piss in the gas tank before you return it.. when you do dirt, you get dirt! muhahahahaaa
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 11:41 PM   #10
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wow, such idiots! Sorry to hear that man, Good luck!

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
Solonng
Captain
Rep
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

why would they let you drive off the lots if you weren't approved. i say take the car to the shadiest part of town, unlock it leave the lights on and leave the key inside..lol
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
hensta
I see old people
United_States
Rep
Drives: too slow in my '08 335i coupe

I've had a similar poor experience at Roseville BMW. I went in to order an e46 M3 with only a few options a while back and the sales mgr declined to do an order. He said if I decide to back out for some reason he wouldnt be able to sell it to anyone else since it wasn't optioned out like most of the showroom M3s. He said I'd have to order it nearly loaded or he wouldn't do it. I walked away and vowed never to buy a BMW from Roseville. His attitude was simply pompous.

I just picked up my 335i coupe 4 days ago from a southern CA BMW dealership for $3,300 under MSRP which came out to $500 over invoice with no MACO. The Finance manager at my So CALI dealership had all necessary documentation pre-completed before I came in and after 20 mins I was DONE. I could have been in and out with the car after 20 mins but I wanted the CA to go over the car with me a little so I ended up taking 50 mins total from door to drive off. Best sales experience in my life. I'll probably end up buying all future BMWs from them.

Yeah, if I had to buy a new BMW locally I'd go to Niello in Sac or Elk Grove. I'll give the Roseville BMW a try in their service dept though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
White Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

I Have Called BMW Financial Services...

but they won't tell me anything, stating that they can't even see the loan yet and that I have to resolve this matter with the dealer.

I was told that I was approved for 3.9% with $10,000 down in March, again in April when I ordered the car, and again in May when I went in to pick up. Neither Maureen the CA, Paul the sales mgr nor Ovi the finance mgr ever once said anything throughout this two month period about submitting a lease application. If Roseville BMW knew all along that I was not approved for a loan, why would Maureen repeatedly assure me that I was approved several times over a two month period, and have me sign a loan contract? Why would they give me specific negotiated numbers ($46,000 cash price) and then try to get me to pay sticker at the time of signing?

BMW offers 3.9% on new purchases to encourage fewer leases right now, but the dealership knows it can pocket the lion's share of my big down payment if they sucker me into re-signing on a lease.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
skip3212
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325ix + 2008 335i

2 words

credit union
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #15
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
take your money and go somewhere else or call bmw financial and see what's up

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
pdub335
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335 e92

Agreed, i would stay away from the dealership as well. I bought my car from them back in Nov. It wasnt the best experience. If i was buying another it would be at Niello.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #17
eldo33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i B. Red/Terra

Garage List
2006 325i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensta View Post
I've had a similar poor experience at Roseville BMW. I went in to order an e46 M3 with only a few options a while back and the sales mgr declined to do an order. He said if I decide to back out for some reason he wouldnt be able to sell it to anyone else since it wasn't optioned out like most of the showroom M3s. He said I'd have to order it nearly loaded or he wouldn't do it. I walked away and vowed never to buy a BMW from Roseville. His attitude was simply pompous.

I just picked up my 335i coupe 4 days ago from a southern CA BMW dealership for $3,300 under MSRP which came out to $500 over invoice with no MACO. The Finance manager at my So CALI dealership had all necessary documentation pre-completed before I came in and after 20 mins I was DONE. I could have been in and out with the car after 20 mins but I wanted the CA to go over the car with me a little so I ended up taking 50 mins total from door to drive off. Best sales experience in my life. I'll probably end up buying all future BMWs from them.

Yeah, if I had to buy a new BMW locally I'd go to Niello in Sac or Elk Grove. I'll give the Roseville BMW a try in their service dept though.

Sorry to hear about the situation on this subject. I would return the car and tell them to kiss my a%$. I'd rather go elsewhere and get it or wait a month or two again. I did a quote order from the web and selected Roseville as one of my dealer 2 years ago on my car, they didn't return a call or my email so I f&^* and went to Steven Creeks in SJ and ordered mine. The bay area gave much better deals for sure.

I've tried the Roseville bmw services and they're sucked. I had serviced it twice and both time the rep took foreever and they didn't offered me anything. So I took my car down to SJ for my 3rd service. I would never ever buy any cars from Roseville again...they try to hustle and rip you off all the time.

2013 E350 - Wife
2013 GLK 4Matic - The Family
2006 BMW E90 325i - Self
Appreciate 0