E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension issues on xi..oversteer??

02-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Suspension issues on xi..oversteer??

Hey guys, Im currently running the kwv3 suspension with the ride height adjusted to 1 inch below stock around all 4 wheels. Along with 19X8.5 and 19X9.5 v715s wheels on 235/35 19, 275/30 19 michelin ps2. Ive noticed the oversteer and handling around corners has gotten worse. I felt the stock suspension on the xi was too high and too bouncy....now..the ride height and firmness of the shocks is perfect. My only problem is going around curves. With the stock setup i was able to go around some curves at 60-70 mph in my town...now the same turns i can only go about 40-50mph with the traction control light coming on from loss of grip.

I took my car to bmw and had the geometry of the car checked along with a new wheel aligment...i also installed the front bmw strut bar over the engine bay, because i have the msds intake and the stock airbox is no longer in the way. Anyone know what else i can do to help the oversteer. Should i soften up the shocks...rebound??compression?? lower or raise ride height?? Should i got with a 265 in the rear to keep it the stock 30mm difference on the stagered setup......Im really unhappy with the handling, i feel like i spent all this money and ruined the car....will sawy bars remedy this???help!! please! suggestions

thanx, manny
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

I suspect sway bars are the answer but no one makes them yet.

You may need to just wait a month or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
What tire pressures are you running front /rear? Are the Michelins on or the Blizzaks?

A sway bar might help if you tightened up the front, but perhaps softening up the rear a bit on the dampers is a bettter option. I'd leave rebound, and ease out the compression first. Leave the ride height where you want it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
What tire pressures are you running front /rear? Are the Michelins on or the Blizzaks?

A sway bar might help if you tightened up the front, but perhaps softening up the rear a bit on the dampers is a bettter option. I'd leave rebound, and ease out the compression first. Leave the ride height where you want it.
I have the michilens on now...presssures are at 38 for front and 40 for rear. The blizzaks actually felt like they handled better...i guesws cause of the extra rubber and they are on 18s. I really think its cause im on 19s....i dont think the xi should be on 19s...which adjutment is for compressuin in the rear. id it at the top of the shock or bottom if it....how msny notches should i change it to??.
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0