Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need some help in getting new rubber on oem rims

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

Need some help in getting new rubber on oem rims

So I have the sport 2010 rims, 18x8 in the front and 18x8.5 in the back.

I just got a bubble in my RFT and simply had enough of these unreliable POS tires. Funny reading on the reasons as to why BMW uses these tires, and these include that this is the much safer choice- funny because I don't feel very safe in my 3,000 mile RFT tires with huge bubble, anyway...

So I decided to go with Falken 452
I have ordered 235 40 18, for the front. And haven't ordered the rear set just yet.

And am wondering as to what I should order for the rear. The stock is 255 35 18 for the rear, so I thought It'd be a good idea to up the size as I did for the fronts on this set to 265 35 18, BUT after reading many threads, the consensus is basically that 265 is simply too big for a 8.5rim, So I guess I will be ordering the same size tire for the rear.

I really did want more traction on the rear as my HP is higher than stock. Is it a problem as there will be a smaller bias in regards to the front tire size vs rear. As it was more biased when it was 225 & 255, but now will be 235 & 255.

I want a setup for the BEST handling, should I order 255 35 18s for the rear ? Any advice would be much appreciated
Appreciate 0