E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Upgrading system on 2011 328i but don't know where to start

06-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
elmerm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Upgrading system on 2011 328i but don't know where to start

Hi guys,
I have a 328i lease and I'd like to upgrade the sound system a bit so I can get some better sound and bass. My original plan was to just add some JL Audio subs and leave everything else stock but I think that will sound horrible since the stock speakers are pretty weak. However, this is a leased vehicle so I will have to turn in the car at some point.

My wife bought me the JL Audio CP112-W0v2 enclosure box and I was thinking of getting a mono amp from either Alpine or JL Audio to power this woofer. Eventually I'll take my gear to a local Best Buy and have them do the install.

What's the best plan to move forward given the above? If I were to upgrade the speakers and tweeters, what are are my options?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
elmerm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I forgot to indicate that my car is a 2-door coupe, not sure if that matters. Got the sport package, bluetooth, and ipod adapter. I think it also comes with a CD changer but never use it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

First step is to nail down if your 2011 is early base Stereo or later HiFi.

DO NOT LET BEST BUY TOUCH YOUR BMW. THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO.

I would suggest that you visit our website in my sig, click on the BMW upgrade link, read through the section about nailing down which system you have, and then shoot me an email. I will send you the latest version of the word doc about your car and some suggestions out of our list of kits.

Oh, or you can search
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

VP is right don't let Best Buy touch your car. Taking it to pretty much any audio shop is taking a chance. Before you do anything talk to vp electricity and technic they will point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0