E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > A different X Five

01-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

A different X Five

Does anyone in the Los Angeles Area own a SIG Sauer X Five or know where to purchase one? I've been trying to find one, but most of the stores that I've gone to don't have one or it will take months to get one. I actually found one at a store in the IE, but that means having to go there to pay then pick it up 10 days later. With 5 MPG, I don't feel like making that trip unless I absolutely have to.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

5mph? wth are you driving?

can't you just have them fedex it to you or something? maybe break it up in different pieces and ship separately. (may be stupid advice as i don't own a gun and obviously do not know rules of gun trade)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I was being facetious about the 5MPG.

There's a required 10 day waiting period when you purchase a gun. I'm not looking to trade, but considering buying used.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_guy View Post

There's a required 10 day waiting period when you purchase a gun. I'm not looking to trade, but considering buying used.
hah... you coulda been driving a sc m3 or something crazy. i meant trade as in transaction. glws man, i've been thinking about buying a gun for a while now. looks like a fun hobby.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Ask your local FFL to get the gun for you and pay the fee. Most places will do it for you for 50 bucks. BTW, that is my next handgun purchase. AWESOME firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

I am eyeing the X-5 in 40 caliber - but it's over 2K!!! I'm also looking into possibly getting an X-6. Oooh...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

X Five, Kimber Raptor II, or a Nighthawk? I've been battling this for a while. I know the other two are 1911's, but those are the ones I want. I "think" I've settled with the X Five but the Kimber was something I loved after the first trigger pull. The Nighthawk is something I've only held and never fired. That is a thing of beauty as well.

I know it's an expensive one and I really shouldn't be doing it right now, but I just wanted to know what was out there and if anyone has one available in the area.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

The nighthawk is a really nice gun and while I have a Kimber Ultra RaptorII, its not really in the same league as the other two. The reason I want the X5 is that I already have a dozen or so high end 1911s and its one of the sweetest shooting guns I have ever fired. You couldn't go wrong with any of them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
I think my BMW needs a Sig now... damn. Pretty firearm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
5mph? wth are you driving?

can't you just have them fedex it to you or something? maybe break it up in different pieces and ship separately. (may be stupid advice as i don't own a gun and obviously do not know rules of gun trade)
I wouldn't take this illegal advice on shipment.

Quote:

10day waiting period???! That's ridiculous. Sorry to hear that. But, The People's Republic of Commiefornia is pretty backasswards on firearms in general. I'm guessing there aren't any hicap mags in your near future either, huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
10day waiting period???! That's ridiculous. Sorry to hear that. But, The People's Republic of Commiefornia is pretty backasswards on firearms in general. I'm guessing there aren't any hicap mags in your near future either, huh?
You get no argument from me. I hate the gun laws here. Lots of stores closed because of them. The officials seem to forget that we have tons of gangsters that are armed but we law-abiding citizens can't protect ourselves. They seem to ignore the studies about crime rates being a little lower where people can carry their guns openly.

The 10 round limit is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
You get no argument from me. I hate the gun laws here. Lots of stores closed because of them. The officials seem to forget that we have tons of gangsters that are armed but we law-abiding citizens can't protect ourselves. They seem to ignore the studies about crime rates being a little lower where people can carry their guns openly.

You got my support and empathy. It's not fair to you in any way, in my opinion.

Good luck and safe shooting. I support you guys out there that are hopeful those unconstitutional CA rules can be changed!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs down

Quote:

On a serious note, check out groups like www.PAFOA.org for Pro-2A Rights issues. Their forum is extremely active as well...

No gun laws ever affect the true criminals... They only ever serve to disarm the law-abiding citizens - horrid truth. Carry always, apply sparingly. Be safe.

Still jealous of your new Sig... lol
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #13
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
Still jealous of your new Sig... lol
Not yet... trying to find and hoping to purchase.

I spoke to someone with an FFL and he said that they are a little difficult to come across. They only produce them at certain times of the year. I still don't even know if they make them her in Exeter, NH, or in West Germany.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
slo_guy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Found her...

Posing with my HK .40

Appreciate 0