E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Keyless Go Retrofit Possible???

01-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Magic Man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Question Keyless Go Retrofit Possible???

I realize this is probably a lost cause, but is there any way to retrofit a Keyless Go feature in a non-Comfort Access 2007 e90?

I don't mind pushing the buttons to lock/unlock the doors, but it just seems stupid to me to have to insert the key and then separately push the Start button. (Yes, I know I should have gotten the Comfort Access option when purchasing, so please don't flame me now...)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
ergoyo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Has been discussed in multiple threads. Its almost impossible to retrofit. There are sensors in the door handles, receptors in the roof, wires and modules everywhere for the CA.
Do not waste any time.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

there might be a way for start/stop only

when you stop the car, and take out the key...you can then restart it while its in Accessory mode (with no key!)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
chemist
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
I realize this is probably a lost cause, but is there any way to retrofit a Keyless Go feature in a non-Comfort Access 2007 e90?

I don't mind pushing the buttons to lock/unlock the doors, but it just seems stupid to me to have to insert the key and then separately push the Start button. (Yes, I know I should have gotten the Comfort Access option when purchasing, so please don't flame me now...)
It is POSSIBLE retrofit, The most complicated thing - to get from BMW comfort access key for car with no comfort access. I don't know about USA, but in Russia I can solve this problem (but I can't order USA key with 315 MHz, it is prohibited frequency in Russia).

the rest part of retrofit costs (in EU) about 620 euro and one day of working
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Magic Man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
It is POSSIBLE retrofit, The most complicated thing - to get from BMW comfort access key for car with no comfort access. I don't know about USA, but in Russia I can solve this problem (but I can't order USA key with 315 MHz, it is prohibited frequency in Russia).

the rest part of retrofit costs (in EU) about 620 euro and one day of working
So, what'll 'ya think it would cost to ship my car to you and back? Also, do you think you could have it done by this weekend?
Appreciate 0