Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Cracked Alloys

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
Red Ice BMW
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325D

Cracked Alloys

Hi guys, I have a E92 325d and my rear drivers alloy has cracked twice now in 4 weeks. I have the MV4 225 alloys, I know this seems to be a known issue but can I do anything to prevent it, for example have a bigger profile tyre help or do you guys recommend different alloys altogether? Also could a suspension issue cause the cracking as the rear suspension on my car is very squeaky?

All help appreciated folks,

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
conrad325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Yeah have your local Indy shop check the suspension if you don't feel you know what to look for. It may be worth using this as an excuse TI upgrade wheels. Haha. But most of the time you can have your wheels welded back up and refinished and they can potentially turn out stronger than before.
      12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Red Ice BMW
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad325i
Yeah have your local Indy shop check the suspension if you don't feel you know what to look for. It may be worth using this as an excuse TI upgrade wheels. Haha. But most of the time you can have your wheels welded back up and refinished and they can potentially turn out stronger than before.
Thanks for the reply, do you think other wheels and maybe a higher profile tyre will do the job? Trouble is the wheel thats cracked now is only a couple of weeks back from having 5 cracks welded. Upgrade looks good after christmas
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Red Ice BMW
Private
Scotland
Rep

Guys would an 18" MV2 fit on my E92?
Appreciate 0