E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > My CCC + rear camera + video airplay = nice ~$300 upgrade

06-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #45
bsmoov
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

So how is audio physically connected using the XCarLink?

Someone said you had to route/send the audio somewhere, but where and how?

How are you streaming Bluetooth music? I assume through miracast/wifi but where does the audio get sent to?

Do you miracast your phone and plug an auxiliary plug from the phone to the aux input in the armrest?

Also OP what happened to the BOSS audio miracast unit? Did it get sorted out? Are you using something else now? How's everyone's set up so far?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #46
RajLives
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Garage List
I am also interested in setting up mirroring. I was originally looking into smartview but this looks like a cheaper way. I am wondering how much it would cost to install, I don't think this is a project I can do on my own.
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...tech-smartview

xlink and maybe this:
http://www.tomtop.com/car-wifi-mirro...#reviewsDetail

Thinking audio stream I could use the belkin I have been and BT phone in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Blueto...ooth+audio+car
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #47
bsmoov
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoov View Post

How are you streaming Bluetooth music? I assume through miracast/wifi but where does the audio get sent to?

Do you miracast your phone and plug an auxiliary plug from the phone to the aux input in the armrest?

Also OP what happened to the BOSS audio miracast unit? Did it get sorted out? Are you using something else now? How's everyone's set up so far?

Just installed this xcarlink interface...works great!!!

Install instructions, not so much. Instructions weren't written out well. The plug and play harness wasn't a harness, it was a bunch of wires that were supposed to go into a harness, but it didn't have a harness. All you needed to do with all of those wires were to tap 2 wires (CAN high and CAN low) into the factory harness. The instructions gave me the colored wires to tap into, BUT I didn't have those specific colors on my factory harness...SMH..
Luckily I read up on other threads and there was a CAN high and CAN low wire coming from the CCC screen itself and I tapped into those.

2 other wires you need to connect is the 12v ACC and the ground of course.

1 more wire was the reverse trigger for the rear view camera. And you'll need a relay as the e90 reverse light puts out a little less than 12v, and you need 12v to trigger the auto reverse.

I also installed a wifi mirroring device. I used an eBay MirrorBox. It works great. It mirrors my phone perfectly and connects everytime.

The one question I had prior that no one answered was where does the audio go. I know it goes to AUX, but I didn't know how. (like from the phone aux jack to car aux, from the xcarlink to car aux, from mirrorbox to car aux, etc...)

Well...you need to get an RCA to AUX Y adaptor and it goes to the xCarlink AV OUT to the car aux.

Sounds good and now I'm able to stream music through my phone wirelessly via CCC.

It got the job done. I wanted a rear view camera and I wanted to stream music through my phone wirelessly. The mirroring was an added bonus.

I don't think i'll ever use the AV2 or AV3 or RGB inputs, but they are available if you're trying to hook up more stuff.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 04:14 AM   #48
medexten
Rep
Drives: 328i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoov
Quote:

Install instructions, not so much. Instructions weren't written out well. The plug and play harness wasn't a harness, it was a bunch of wires that were supposed to go into a harness, but it didn't have a harness. All you needed to do with all of those wires were to tap 2 wires (CAN high and CAN low) into the factory harness. The instructions gave me the colored wires to tap into, BUT I didn't have those specific colors on my factory harness...SMH..
Luckily I read up on other threads and there was a CAN high and CAN low wire coming from the CCC screen itself and I tapped into those.

1 more wire was the reverse trigger for the rear view camera. And you'll need a relay as the e90 reverse light puts out a little less than 12v, and you need 12v to trigger the auto reverse.

I also installed a wifi mirroring device. I used an eBay MirrorBox. It works great. It mirrors my phone perfectly and connects everytime.

The one question I had prior that no one answered was where does the audio go. I know it goes to AUX, but I didn't know how. (like from the phone aux jack to car aux, from the xcarlink to car aux, from mirrorbox to car aux, etc...)

Well...you need to get an RCA to AUX Y adaptor and it goes to the xCarlink AV OUT to the car aux.

Sounds good and now I'm able to stream music through my phone wirelessly via CCC.

It got the job done. I wanted a rear view camera and I wanted to stream music through my phone wirelessly. The mirroring was an added bonus.

I don't think i'll ever use the AV2 or AV3 or RGB inputs, but they are available if you're trying to hook up more stuff.
For the reverse camera trigger relay... What exactly did you buy/use to make it work? How did you tap into the reverse light power cable?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #49
Ronaldo_9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i e93

Quote:

Sorry for bringing this old thread up but I am planning on doing this myself on a e93 (convertible).

2 questions.
1, do you feed the audo from Xcarlink back to glovebox AUX port or is there one back of the CCC drive?
2, has anyone wired a reverse camera on a convertible? The boot opens 2 ways, normal and when the top goes down so wondering how on earth I can safely feed the cable. I do have rear parking sensors.

Thanks
      09-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #50
bsmoov
Captain
Rep

1.) you have to feed the audio to the center console aux input. there is no input behind CCC unit that's why you need the xcarlink

2.) I don't know how the convertible would work but im sure you can run it because the camera is right above the license plate. Run it low and through the under side of the rear seats into the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #51
twastheglow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i - '80 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
You do know you can download new maps for free and just burn them to DVD. I have the newest (and last that will be made for the CCC) that I scored from here on E90 Post. CCC nav is still. Garbage even with the new maps.
I know this is an old post, but does anyone have a link to where the newest maps can be downloaded so I can burn a CD for my car?
Appreciate 0