E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Nearly wrote off 2 cars today...

08-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Nearly wrote off 2 cars today...

Mine and the complete and utter fucking idiot's who pulled out on me on an NSL section of road.

So let me set the scene, I'm out for a drive, not for anything and to anywhere. Just out for a nice drive on a reasonable (if slightly damp day). I'm making my way home and driving along the A414 in Essex (for those that know, I was on the section between Writtle and Ongar). I was doing bang on 60 and driving pretty happily having overtaken a couple of 45mph dawdlers.

So I'm approaching High Ongar and come up on THIS JUNCTION, still doing 60 mind. Then from the adjoining road (on my left as I'm approaching) a little Z3 appears...at this point my spidey sense was tingling. I come off the throttle and cover the brake.

But hey, this guy is stationary at the junction, I'm doing 60 odd (just a shade under at this point) and the gap between my approaching car and the mouth of the junction is now down to...oh I don't know...under 50m I would say if I had to guess (possibly quite a bit under). There's no way he'd pull out, it'd be suicide right? Surely?

But there's still something in the back of my mind saying "watch it, this muppet is gonna go for it".

And go for it he does ...ok at this point the gap is down to approx 30m I reckon (possibly 25 odd) and I'm thinking if he really gets his foot down it'll be ok...

But no. This complete and utter fucktard proceeds to dawdle . With the gap closing fast (this is a split second after he's pulled out) I throw out the anchors and give it all I can on the ol' horn...I felt like I was going to push my hand through the steering wheel

I'm now pretty much an inch off this rear bumper and he's trying to hustle along to avoid me hitting him...if you progess the Google Streetview above on a bit you can see a traffic island, just past the island there's a (thankfully empty) bus stop and this cockbite pulls in (still trying to pull away but not hit the end of the bus stop) and I'm still hard on the anchors as I have no idea what he's about to do (I couldn't see the bus stop clearly until he was properly in it).

This complete and utter fucking dickhead then has the audacity to scream obscenities at me as the cars pull level!!! I almost stopped there and then to get out and give this fucking cunt a piece of my mind but instead I carried on...more than a little rattle.

And that's how it happened, came within inches of writing both cars off and this dickhead is probably grumbling how some twat in a 3-series coupe nearly killed him. On the way home I was thinking to myself, if there had been an accident, no doubt the insurance companies would have decided it was my fault right?

Watch yourselves out there, there are some utter morons about...and I have no doubt the law will not be on your side in the event of an accident that unfolds as above.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
bakili
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Garage List
not old 318i  [0.00]
feel for you mate.

Same thing nearly happened to me couple days ago. Doing 50mph behind Range Rover, next minute driver of range rover slams on brakes and comes to stop on the middle of road. Good job i kept good distance. Range Rover was pretty old P reg and tail lamps did not work, no stop lights as well, could be deliberately. It looked like, he was trying to do insurance job. Believe i never brake so hard in my life, i could see smoke coming from my tyres.
I wish I had my Kalashnikov in boot (shame I left it in Russia)
      08-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
There are so many fcukin sh*t drivers out there!!!...i bloody hate them!!!...gives me road rage everytime!!!...i bloody swear n horn them like mad!!!...if ur gona pull out in front of someone then do it quickly n at the right speed so that the other driver don't hav to brake too much!!!.....

those stupid retarded tw*ts....really pisses me off....some of them don't know how to drive and where they are going! following their stupid sat nav and going in the wrong lane!!!....

they cause traffic!, and if you have an accident, they make ur insurance premium rise! ...

i swear i can smell those shitty drivers!!!... ikinda know what stupid thing they gona do in front of me!!!.. i just wait until they do it...and then I GO MAD ON THE HORN!!!!...and they get my middle finger while i overtake them and they are still thinkin what the hell is happening!!...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I got screwed over once similar incident.

I mean, I know that road well. You can ''PROPERLY'' hump down there. 60 sounds a little modest.

No doubt though, the prick who pulled out was at fault. I'm glad you didn't damage the car.
      08-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I 'm not bothered about braking hard (only thing is that i'm using up my pads!!!)...i know that my car will stop...i'm just scared that the driver behind me won't be able to stop....

to the OP, you should have reported that car for dangerous driving....

I normally report those stupid bast*rds...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I got screwed over once similar incident.

I mean, I know that road well. You can ''PROPERLY'' hump down there. 60 sounds a little modest.

No doubt though, the prick who pulled out was at fault. I'm glad you didn't damage the car.
The road is ripe for a hoon that is for sure but I was doing 60, no more. Got the GPS log to prove it. Ok, you might call it "driving Ms. Daisy" but I value my license and you never know when one of Essex Police's finest is just around the corner.

Thing is though, if there had been an accident it would have gone down as my fault right?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a looping camera that records the last couple of minutes or something...

@zltm089:

I appreciate what you're saying but when you're closing on somone at speed and they pull out on you may not always have enough distance within which to slow down/stop. Your brakes will not stop you instantly...and if the roads happen to be wet you'll find yourself up shit-creek pretty rapidly.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
It would have been a fight on your hands, but I'm sure you would lose.
      08-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
bakili
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Garage List
not old 318i  [0.00]
Reporting will not help.
Last time I reported someone who basicly hit my Passat from behind and did not stop, i just recieved letter from uselles police, that driver who hit my car told them nothing happend and no further action will be taken.
I was hit by Ford Focus and fog light mark was left on my bumper which all evedence were shown to police straight away. Next time i will just catch the c***s and beat shit out of them.
      08-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post

Thing is though, if there had been an accident it would have gone down as my fault right?
It would probably have gone to court and the 3rd party would have to give evidence. Someone pulling out into your path on a 60mph limit road would not go down well in court I fear.

I sometimes wish I had an old knacker of a car and just plough straight into the back of them.
      08-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
All goes down to the judge on the day.

Youngish guy in High powered BMW will never win against miss daisy in an ordinary car when said BMW has smashed into the back of Miss daisy.
      08-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
ohh yes, under wet conditions, and if you have the bridgestones runflats...i take back my previous comment...

but under dry conditions, i find the "stopping" ability of the standard brakes quite good....

but obviously, if the retard pulls out last minute, then no matter what brakes u got, ceramic, brembos, AP Racing or whatever, u won't stop instantly!...

since you've spotted him from a distance, and doing a reasonable 60, i think that the brakes would/ have perform...

because from experience, i've managed to slow down from 80 to 30 in a very very short time...all tyres locked and smoked....but the car did slow down....and i'm still here!... ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

I love when brits say BOLLICKS and C!!!!!! The British slang made the story for me. Thanks!

EDIT - I don't. Mod
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
It would probably have gone to court and the 3rd party would have to give evidence. Someone pulling out into your path on a 60mph limit road would not go down well in court I fear.

I sometimes wish I had an old knacker of a car and just plough straight into the back of them.
Had this thought myself, would be particularly useful around town when people switch lanes on you without indicating/looking/ and into non-existent gaps.

The reason I didn't slow right down/cancelled my own instincts was that this guy came to a complete stop at the junction, he didn't just roll up and pull out, he fucking stopped...looked right at my car (well at least in the direction of) and THEN pulled out, by which time the gap was too small. Had he rolled up and just gone for it (and even then, he'd have had to give a serious bootful) then he might have made it without me having to get on the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
All goes down to the judge on the day.

Youngish guy in High powered BMW will never win against miss daisy in an ordinary car when said BMW has smashed into the back of Miss daisy.
The 3rd party on this occasion was driving without due care and attention. I get it all the time in the van, thinking they need to get out in front of me because I will slow them down, drives me mad. Then I am stuck behind the fackin cants doing 40mph.
      08-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
PhamtasticE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

i feel ur fustration op. like the saying, "high performance cars dont kill, its the low performance drivers". i fucking hate people who are shitty drivers. not saying im the best driver, but fuck, some people just need to learn to drive adequately.
      08-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Wow - lucky you didn't hit him or worse! Nob end.

Saw a motorbike get clipped at very low speed today - he must've thought "I'll just overtake all these stationary cars and not bother looking to see if anyone is indicating to turn right into that car park" - Amazed how he didn't fall off! He didn't even stop - just fecked off.
      08-23-2010, 03:34 AM   #17
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakili View Post
Next time i will just catch the c***s and beat shit out of them.
Now thats my kind of justice!!!

I also know this road very well and i almost always put my foot down along there - that said i am always very wary of the smaller side roads and cover the brake just in case.
      08-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #18
vikzE92
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Carbon Black

Totally understand how myou feel think we have all been there and thought "WTF"?!! I think you have to drive for everyone else and always assume the worse as they'll go and do it! I do think I would kill anyone who hits my car!!

Police are useless waste of time reporting anything these days as they never follow it up!

Main thing is you and the car are ok

thinking of getting one of those Monster trucks so I can drive over twats like that-wouldn't that be just great?!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #19
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
....if there had been an accident, no doubt the insurance companies would have decided it was my fault, right?....
Take a look at this fella - may be just what you need?

http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-email.html