E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW Standard Tools

04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
mmlcrisis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 TiAg E92 335i

BMW Standard Tools

I have been using Phil Harlow's zip file consisting of Ediabas, INPA and NCSExpert, but updated with sp-daten V49, to code my 2009 335i E92. Specifically, the new daten was required to code the CIC(probably as a result of the car's software update mentioned below).
I am getting version and language warnings with INPA when interrogating the airbag per junior's DYI. I can ignore the warnings and continue on to successfully code with NCSExpert. Since my car's software was updated by the dealer in January inorder to code my alarm, I am wondering if I need an updated version of INPA or Ediabas. I have downloaded Standard Tools 2.11 and 2.12, but don't know how to correctly install them. I tried removing my working copies of Ediabas, INPA and NCSExpert and then installing Standards Tools. During the installation(?) the REFERENZ folder that I was expecting was not there. The new shortcuts for INPA, Ediabas and NCSExpert are on the desktop. I can load the new INPA but it has no models or functions assigned and obviously can not connect to my car. Anybody know what I have to do to properly implement Standard Tools? I am also confused as far as the difference between Standard Tools and an Ediabas INPA full download. They both contain INPA, Ediabas and NCSExpert. Can anyone explain.
Thanks,
Bill
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e91

Email me, I will share you working version.

You should first install INPA and then Standard Tools 2.12.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
BillionPa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Also, I found out when I was installing ST 2.11 and 2.12 that it was DELETING folders in the program directories, even when I told it to backup... so I manually made copies (after my third install attempt when I found out what the problem was) and copied the missing folders back, everything was correct after
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
mmlcrisis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 TiAg E92 335i

BMW Standard Tools

Do you remember which folders it was deleting?
Thanks,
Bill
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
jgocampo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i saffire black

It seems like you know a lot about coding. I have recently started learning to code, and I have experienced some miniscule problems, but not enough to stop me. When I use inpa, the program recognizes my car and when I check the airbag, it gives me a fault code, but it reads it anyways. I can see everything on it.
So when I try to load ncsexpert, it doesn't recognize the chassis or vin number. I am using the ncsexpert that came with bmw standard tools 2.11 and I have version 1.0 of ncsexpert.
I think I need to uprgade to the latest version. Can you PM me with some insight?

Thank you.
Jorge
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgocampo View Post

It seems like you know a lot about coding. I have recently started learning to code, and I have experienced some miniscule problems, but not enough to stop me. When I use inpa, the program recognizes my car and when I check the airbag, it gives me a fault code, but it reads it anyways. I can see everything on it.
So when I try to load ncsexpert, it doesn't recognize the chassis or vin number. I am using the ncsexpert that came with bmw standard tools 2.11 and I have version 1.0 of ncsexpert.
I think I need to uprgade to the latest version. Can you PM me with some insight?

Thank you.
Jorge
Email me for a link to Standard tools 2.12 and Daten, It isn't letting me send PMs for whatever reason.

nate5ks@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
jc_bmw
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

You can get Standard Tools 2.12 here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859474
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M57 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgocampo View Post

Thank you.
Jorge
I sent you PM with all necessary software for coding and diagnosis.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
cooler_bh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 COMPACT 316TI

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm a big fan same as you of BMW, so I really respect the things that you are doing for all of us that are new in this section of work.

I recently buy my K+ DCAN cable on ebay and receive properly software, inpa, ncs expert, sss progman and that things.

I made INPA working but it used to be some old version so I can't code, even diagnose my E83 X3, only things that I can do is some E46's and E39's from my friends and that things.

In this way I am asking you good guys please help me and distribute to me on PM or mail that latest version software that you have and some tutorials, so I can try to diagnose my car and learn this thing, I would really like to learn it.

cooler_bh@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler_bh View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm a big fan same as you of BMW, so I really respect the things that you are doing for all of us that are new in this section of work.

I recently buy my K+ DCAN cable on ebay and receive properly software, inpa, ncs expert, sss progman and that things.

I made INPA working but it used to be some old version so I can't code, even diagnose my E83 X3, only things that I can do is some E46's and E39's from my friends and that things.

In this way I am asking you good guys please help me and distribute to me on PM or mail that latest version software that you have and some tutorials, so I can try to diagnose my car and learn this thing, I would really like to learn it.

cooler_bh@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance
Sent you an email.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #11
big_c
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 AW 335i Step

Any chance you could PM me the latest files necessary to connect and code?

Thanks
Appreciate 0