E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

06-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #3719
TZANIDO777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i, 2015 F15 X5 35D

Garage List
2015 BMW F15 X5  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Thanks for the advice guys, I will just log the entire session from now on.

Trying to diagnose a possible O2 sensor problem. Keep getting the 2D0D code for O2 sensor pre cat heating...I see that MHD logs O2 pre and post cat voltage. Anything specific I should look for when looking at logs with these two parameters or should I be looking elsewhere for this particular O2 issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #3720
ihazvtak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT

that burble

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-WeGvFxyu/
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #3721
rich_mane
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazvtak View Post
mmm that sounds niiice. Is this a more intense burble through working with Justin?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:57 AM   #3722
maddmatth
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MSport DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
i've been looking at all logs posted since the beginning as always. some things will be adjusted in upcoming updates from fuel to timing in certain areas. and what i've been doing is finding the happy medium of everything.

Timing corrections don't always mean "timing is too aggressive". these car already have very sensitive Knock protection systems. Things that will cause timing corrections: too much timing, too little timing, AFR being too rich, higher IATs to name a few. Also, the weak ignition system of these cars that everyone who owns them knows about. Which is the "main" reason its suggested across the community that if you run anything above stock, gap down plugs and take note of coil age. (not saying that thats always the issue).

These tunes are actually moderate. Not aggressive. Mainly because aggressive is not very smart on blanket OTS maps. But anyway, rest assured im always paying attention and am not going to put anyones car in danger.

Appreciate the in-depth response

In my case using the 95RON maps clears the timing corrections. So that indicates that something in the 98RON map is too aggressive for that fuel in my car, right?
Is it likely that the next revision of the maps might help or do you still think it's something I need to address with my car (or stick with 95RON map)?

My car's about to get her engine opened up for a potential very slight head gasket leak. Some coolant sprays out the cap occasionally and I lose maybe 100ml per 1000km, nothing drastic but I notice it. So perhaps that's related. A tiny amount of coolant getting into a cylinder would increase the chance of knock?
Who knows, maybe they'll find something interesting when they open the engine.
Covered by warranty, otherwise I wouldn't bother fixing this
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #3723
braddman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i Cabrio

Where are we with F series N55 development? Can you start updating the first post with this so we don't have to find it?
      Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #3724
Jonska
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 320d E91

Hi.

Did MHD Flash today. Does MHD Stg2 flash force exhaust flap open? Mine is now open at idle, which it wasnt yesterday without flash.

Car is so loud now that I would like to keep it closed up till 3000rpm. Is this possible?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #3725
ihazvtak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_mane View Post
mmm that sounds niiice. Is this a more intense burble through working with Justin?
Nope, it was done by RKtunes. still waiting for MHD to give us this feature
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:53 AM   #3726
Johnny Boost
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonska View Post
Hi.

Did MHD Flash today. Does MHD Stg2 flash force exhaust flap open? Mine is now open at idle, which it wasnt yesterday without flash.

Car is so loud now that I would like to keep it closed up till 3000rpm. Is this possible?
I noticed the same thing. I had to disable the exhaust burble to get the flap closed again.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:42 AM   #3727
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i ## 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
@MHD Tuning

What changes when selecting the "manual" versus "automatic" transmission? I have the JB4 MHD BEF and would like to match the BEF to the manual transmission settings in MHD as BEF doesn't have that option? (I'm wanting to run xHP, but have issues with the BEF + xHP together. alpina works great)

Terry mentioned something with the torque diff table to stock so the transmission sees the actual values (since xhp can handle that properly) but i dont know where to find the stock values.
Last time I looked at the BEF, the OEM file was included for reference. Or you can use MHD to generate an OEM BIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
My build date is July 2012 so it looks like I'll need the one time bench flash, where would I get this done? Do I have to mail any module to have it done cause I can't go days without the use of my car.
Process is not finalized yet. Local tuners or mail in are 2 valid solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage5Lurker View Post
I am running stage 2+ on 93 octane. Catless dp. I was under the impression that mhd auto cleared these codes. If that is the case, could it just be a bad o2 sensor?
You're on the OEM map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysam27 View Post
Is this available for 2013s yet?
Not yet, but most of the work is done on the flashing side.
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MHDtuning/
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:48 AM   #3728
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i ## 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddman View Post
Where are we with F series N55 development? Can you start updating the first post with this so we don't have to find it?
F or late E? Late E has benefited from F development since both are very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonska View Post
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
I noticed the same thing. I had to disable the exhaust burble to get the flap closed again.
that's the PPK behaviour, injected in the map when you activate exhaust burble.
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MHDtuning/
Appreciate 0