E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > seat belt handover wont go all the way back

09-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
mkiv
2JZ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G500

seat belt handover wont go all the way back

so i just found this today, after i plug in my seatbelt, the "handover" wont go back all the way, it will stop at..lets say 1.5 inch left. i can push it back in but it will automaticly comes out. anyone has this? its on my driver side. the passenger side is fine, go back all the way everytime.
thanks a lot.
      09-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
nospleeny
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv View Post
so i just found this today, after i plug in my seatbelt, the "handover" wont go back all the way, it will stop at..lets say 1.5 inch left. i can push it back in but it will automaticly comes out. anyone has this? its on my driver side. the passenger side is fine, go back all the way everytime.
thanks a lot.
I don't think I'm the best person to answer this... but I bet it's a spider gear behind the panel. It sounds as if the spider gear's skipped some teeth and it thinks it's fully retracted and when you push it back, it believes it's over compensated and it goes back to where it's been programmed to go for '0'.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
mkiv
2JZ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G500

thanks for the reply man, any ideas how to fix it at home before i call up dealer...been busy and really dont have time for this small stuff to wait 1 day in the dealer..
      09-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv View Post
thanks for the reply man, any ideas how to fix it at home before i call up dealer...been busy and really dont have time for this small stuff to wait 1 day in the dealer..
I just had mine replaced at the dealer a few weeks ago. It did the exact same thing. I don’t think you can easily fix it at home as it probably has some worn teeth that the gear skips over, and will only get worse over time.
Appreciate 0