E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Aftermarket Headlight Options? Xenon/Adaptive Replacements

05-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Gunlex
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i

Aftermarket Headlight Options? Xenon/Adaptive Replacements

I have a 2007 335i and I've been dealing with headlight issues from the time I bought the car. They are the xenon adaptive headlights and while I love the performance the price of buying new ones is insane for a 10+ year old car, what are my options to replace with aftermarket?

My passenger side adaptive no longer works, and the driver's side halos just went out and now shows a driver's side light malfunction error I was ok without the adaptive working but I love the look of the halos and at this point would rather just go with a cheaper aftermarket option.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
Gunlex
Rep

OR is there any way to fix/replace just the halos?

I also noticed the driver's side headlight now appears to be a different color, thinking maybe the whole thing is just dying
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:33 AM   #3
Rogue-OP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: to Drum & Bass

I assume you mean the headlight color of the beam is different. If so, change out bulbs. If a halo is out replace the halo bulbs. LUX sells a solid bulb set that's brighter than OEM.

Regarding aftermarket, you can use some of the Halogen non oem lights (all over eBay and Amazon) but you'll have to do some re-coding and possibly re-wiring. Not many options for plug n play aftermarket xenon unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
Gunlex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-OP View Post
I assume you mean the headlight color of the beam is different. If so, change out bulbs. If a halo is out replace the halo bulbs. LUX sells a solid bulb set that's brighter than OEM.

Regarding aftermarket, you can use some of the Halogen non oem lights (all over eBay and Amazon) but you'll have to do some re-coding and possibly re-wiring. Not many options for plug n play aftermarket xenon unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply Rogue-OP!

Specifically I was refering to the halos not working on the driver's side, but the weird part is the driver's headlight low beam is also a dimmer color than the passenger now as well. This paired with the adaptive not working on the passenger side has me wanting to replace them all together.

I looked up the halo kit on LUX, $125 is pretty expensive, and I'm not sure that I like the bright white over the more mellow yellow; if there was a color changing option I'd probably be down to pay that much but at the moment it's hard to justify.

Do you know of any threads/how-to guides on replacing with aftermarket? I have carly and the other software for programming(albiet a lot of it is in another language) and I'm very tech savvy, I just don't have a solid guide.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

From my experience, non-OEM housings all have inferior optics and material. You end up having less light output and it's scattered all over the place. To me, OEM is the only way to go. You are better off just replacing the bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #6
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlex View Post
Thanks for the reply Rogue-OP!

Specifically I was refering to the halos not working on the driver's side, but the weird part is the driver's headlight low beam is also a dimmer color than the passenger now as well. This paired with the adaptive not working on the passenger side has me wanting to replace them all together.

I looked up the halo kit on LUX, $125 is pretty expensive, and I'm not sure that I like the bright white over the more mellow yellow; if there was a color changing option I'd probably be down to pay that much but at the moment it's hard to justify.

Do you know of any threads/how-to guides on replacing with aftermarket? I have carly and the other software for programming(albiet a lot of it is in another language) and I'm very tech savvy, I just don't have a solid guide.

Thanks again!
Depo p90's from fishcake on ebay is your best best, but it will require coding. They look similar to euro adaptive xenons and are probably your best bang for your buck. Also, ther'es a guy selling some slightly used ones on here with retrofitted morimoto projectors, but they may already be sold. That would be a nice setup.
Appreciate 0