E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > [FREE HELP] If you need Door Actuator replacement help

05-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

[FREE HELP] If you need Door Actuator replacement help

Hi All,

If you are in the LA/OC/Ventura County areas and you need help in how to replace your busted actuators... let me know. I did that job this weekend and have learned all the tricks to get it done quick/easy. My 4 days of anguish/hard knocks is to your 45 min turn around time benefit. If you are willing to meet up someplace close by I can coach you thru this PITA activity for free if you need help (Well maybe if you are kind maybe you will treat me to a Baskin Robins Cappuccino Blast to pass the time).

I'll show you where to order the replacement part online yourself for really cheap and get a lifetime warranty on it... once you learn how to do this job on your own, you can help/teach someone else (Pay it forward).

A special thanks to PichaDis11 who helped me out over the Phone/Facetime in figuring out my roadblocks.
- Faz

Last edited by fazman; 05-31-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
OzzyG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330I

Whats the part order. I need it for my driver side. The door only opens with the key
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyG View Post
Whats the part order. I need it for my driver side. The door only opens with the key
Order the kit (part #51217272999) that includes both sides, it's almost the same price as a single and you have a spare. Order some extra door panel clips (part #51418224768) because you are going to break some. Then follow the DIY guide below. Don't pay the dealer $400 for this job. As stated by OP, a few pointers can definitely turn a 90 minutes job into 45. Good luck.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=actuator
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 03:47 AM   #4
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I ordered mine from FCPEuro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mw-51217272999

The part number was: 51217263086

This set is an original BMW set, it is a kit that comes in a pair of driver and passenger side door actuators for $55 with free shipping AND LIFETIME WARRANTY (return policy is just send it back for any reason for a free lifetime replacement OR refund only in the first 90 days). Get some small zip ties as well because you will need them to wrap up the wires. i had to break off the old wire holders attached to the actuator.

If your willing to meet up with me i can help you DIY this project.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
OzzyG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I ordered mine from FCPEuro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mw-51217272999

The part number was: 51217263086

This set is an original BMW set, it is a kit that comes in a pair of driver and passenger side door actuators for $55 with free shipping AND LIFETIME WARRANTY (return policy is just send it back for any reason for a free lifetime replacement OR refund only in the first 90 days). Get some small zip ties as well because you will need them to wrap up the wires. i had to break off the old wire holders attached to the actuator.

If your willing to meet up with me i can help you DIY this project.
Where do you live. I just ordered the part so i have to wait till it gets here. My door is messing up more and more it works some days and not the other im so over it lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 03:02 AM   #6
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where do you live. I just ordered the part so i have to wait till it gets here. My door is messing up more and more it works some days and not the other im so over it lol.
I'm out by Camarillo/Thousand Oaks areas usually. But if you PM me your number I can text ya.
Appreciate 0