E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Stay away from Ranz Motorsports.

06-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
FRRYY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdizzle94 View Post
WAIT TALKING CAPS ISNT COOL ANYMORE??? HOW COME I WASNT NOTIFIED OF THIS?? jk i was 3 in 1997 so i didnt even know how to type
Lol holy crap. You're 18 and youve already modded your car that much?!

I'm doing something wrong haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #24
pjdizzle94
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by frryy View Post
Lol holy crap. You're 18 and youve already modded your car that much?!

I'm doing something wrong haha.
Hahaha work + being Indian boy with birthday parties + no expenses adds up. Pretty soon I think I'm gonna tell my dad I wanna start paying for my insurance though if I can get the job I applied for.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #25
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
WAIT TALKING CAPS ISNT COOL ANYMORE??? HOW COME I WASNT NOTIFIED OF THIS?? jk i was 3 in 1997 so i didnt even know how to type
18? I'm finally older than someone on e90post, YES!

OP I'm sorry to hear that happen to you, but like everyone else said you are in good hands with LTBMW now. Hope all remaining problems with RANZ gets resolved in your favor and in a more proffesional manner!
      06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
pjdizzle94
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
18? I'm finally older than someone on e90post, YES!

OP I'm sorry to hear that happen to you, but like everyone else said you are in good hands with LTBMW now. Hope all remaining problems with RANZ gets resolved in your favor and in a more proffesional manner!
I think Whorning is younger than me
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Hahaha work + being Indian boy with birthday parties + no expenses adds up. Pretty soon I think I'm gonna tell my dad I wanna start paying for my insurance though if I can get the job I applied for.
hey 18 year old here too! lol but only just started modding haha!

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #28
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e60

i dont think you should be putting jay on blast. hes a real cool cat and i think you should just talk to him in person and settle this once and for all. you both make sense and its only understandable that both you guys are pissed.

Last edited by jasperxli; 06-06-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
Slowly108
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperxli View Post
i dont think you should be putting jay on blast. hes a real cool cat and i think you should just talk to him in person and settle this once and for all. you both make sense and its only understandable that both you guys are pissed.
have you seen that facebook post? No business owner should be acting like this. The OP (imo) made a honest review of what he felt happened... instead of giving his(Ranz motorsports) side of the story he decides to threaten him with physical violence. so ask yourself this, would you settle this in person? I usually don't give my 2 cents on shit like this but the way Jay has acted is totally unacceptable. I can see you're a personal friend of his but try to take yourself out of that element and put yourself in my shoes.. who looks wrong to you? (sorry for the typo's I wrote all this from my droid )
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i m sport

LMFAO!!! I like the way he posted this after he blocked you! Im glad you put him on blast! Seriously who the eff cares how you got the car! Obviously it was irrelevant when you paid him for the work. I say you take him to small claims court! Im 100% you will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Attacks my personal life and financial situation. Over all, incredibly unprofessional.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I think Whorning is younger than me
Damn! I thought I was the youngest one around here. But at least I'm older than someone I see you're local too, I foresee a young people meetup soon!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Charging me for parts and labor he never installed or did, lying to me for months, damaging my paint, failing to install things correctly, swearing at me, and putting me down isn't cool. No, I'm not letting them further damage my car and waste my time in order to protect their interests.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 06-06-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

disappointing to hear about Ranz. good thing i put it off! i was thinking about having them do a front widebody for me, phew. sounds like i dodged a bullet on that one!
      06-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #34
TypicalCat
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveseven108 View Post
have you seen that facebook post? No business owner should be acting like this. The OP (imo) made a honest review of what he felt happened... instead of giving his(Ranz motorsports) side of the story he decides to threaten him with physical violence. so ask yourself this, would you settle this in person? I usually don't give my 2 cents on shit like this but the way Jay has acted is totally unacceptable. I can see you're a personal friend of his but try to take yourself out of that element and put yourself in my shoes.. who looks wrong to you? (sorry for the typo's I wrote all this from my droid )
+1

But at the end of the day we're all human, im sure Jay was just frustrated and let his emotions get the best of him. Everyone on this forum is guilty of that at one point or another, we just dont have a facebook screen shot to prove it. lol.
      06-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

wtf. theres that many youngsters on this forum?? born in 94?!?!?! holy shit.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #36
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Charging me for parts and labor he never installed or did, lying to me for months, damaging my paint, failing to install things correctly, swearing at me, and putting me down isn't cool. No, I'm not letting them further damage my car and waste my time in order to protect their interests.
all im saying is that since you guys have hit a stalemate on the forums/FB and since you local, why dont you just go have a sitdown with him? i completly understand that you dont want him touching your car and that fine. talking things out in person will make things go smoother.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
all im saying is that since you guys have hit a stalemate on the forums/FB and since you local, why dont you just go have a sitdown with him? i completly understand that you dont want him touching your car and that fine. talking things out in person will make things go smoother.
Doubt talking to him will help at this point. They both said what they wanted to say and his car is at LTBMW now anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #38
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
There is NO stalemate. Please, read my original post. I've clearly explained why I will not trust them. Finding out I was charged for parts and labor that were never used was the last straw.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #39
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Did he work on your m5 too jasper??

Neema sorry to hear bud, but at least your hindsight will benefit many other people.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #40
jasperxli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTran View Post
Did he work on your m5 too jasper??

Neema sorry to hear bud, but at least your hindsight will benefit many other people.
lol wsup huy he helped me shut off 4 of my 10 cylinders and rearranged them into a straight line LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #41
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Awareness. That's all OP is doing here. I've been in this situation so many times. Going with a reputable shop and then getting screwed over. Fanboys usually follow shortly after.

Glad you got some of it resolved, it could've been worse. Hope things continue to turn up. As for that Jboy guy, jeebus. wHaT hE fInNa dEw iF yOoz kEePz CuMplAinIngZ yO?!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
JesterEXW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i, Space Gray / Black

I personally feel that the OP was well within his rights to post on forums and "put him on blast". This is exactly why we have forums; to share experiences (good and bad) with other owners so as to look at for each other. This business owner has to understand that word of mouth is how small shops survive and that can work to your advantage and disadvantage. Reacting that way is incredibly unprofessional and really shocking to be honest. Taking everything else out of the picture, I would refuse to use him based soley on how he mishandled all of this.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #43
braveplayer3160
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328I Coupe

What a person must understand (specifically in the automotive industry) from a business owners perspective is that there are going to be times where a situation like this arises, it's inevitable. There is only so much that you, the owner can do/make sure of.

But, it is the response(s) to these situation(s) that allows the public to understand the type of owner you are. Jay is and always will be the one who is going to take the credit for the great work and the blame for the bad, its just the way it works. I'm sure we all (in some way or another) can relate to the situation he was put in. The car was not up to standards and he knew it, he also knew that the customer would point it out and not be happy with it. What is he to do? Start over and lose money on the deal or try and fix the mistakes? It seems he chose the later.

Now, had he known what that decision was going to cost concerning his shops reputation I am sure he would have just taken the loss and started from scratch. Wouldn't we all? I am not faulting him for this per-SE, what I am faulting him for is how he chose to conduct himself as an owner and businessman. I'll be the first to admit that the slogan "the customer is always right" gets thrown in my face a lot and, while I adamantly disagree with this notion, I do believe that the business entity (and all that constitute it) should be above the low road and maintain a higher standard (in everything that they do) than the customer (no matter the situation.) The only exception to that rule is that if a customer were to physically attack me or make threats to my family.

With that being said it is clear that the OP has given Jay the opportunity (and most importantly the time) to make things right and that hasn't happened. He (OP) has every right to come on here and share his experience with us, how else would we have the insight on who to trust our cars with? That being said I am not here to point the finger solely at Jay, and say that his shop is Chernobyl for all things BMW. What I would suggest, and expect for a shop (more importantly an owner) is to take the time to address these concerns with us (prospective customers) and to make things right with the OP (whether he loses money or not). The issue here is integrity, the shop has lost that (in my eyes, and the eyes of others) and lets not forget that all of this is documented on here. For as long as the forum is active with a couple key strokes prospective customers will find this thread. How much business will be lost?

No, what has to happen is very simple Jay has to swallow his pride/hurt feelings ETC. He needs to explain the situation, and cover the issues with the OP. In turn the OP should continue to report the activities between the two sides to get the situation resolved. In the end, both parties will be better off for it. Just my $.02

Please excuse the typos! Cell phone.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
Noah@CamberToe
E90Post Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
This guy Jboy YELLS A LOT ON FACEBOOK!!
lmao that he does