E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Punk back: Should Tine and SpeedFreak be banned?

View Poll Results: Should Tine and SpeedFreak be banished for their antics?
Yes, banish them. 136 66.34%
No, let them be free. 69 33.66%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

02-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #67
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Anyone ever notice the odd changes in the sophistication of Tine's writing style? Some of his early notes on Bimmerfest were well-written, whereas his more recent writing style appears to be an attempt to imitate an 18-year-old. Strange stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #68
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Anyone ever notice the odd changes in the sophistication of Tine's writing style? Some of his early notes on Bimmerfest were well-written, whereas his more recent writing style appears to be an attempt to imitate an 18-year-old. Strange stuff.
It's always possible someone was posting under his name. I've seen a little brother do some damage b/f.

Personally, I think he had a mental breakdown.

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #69
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

ban !
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #70
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

guilty........
      02-07-2006, 05:26 AM   #71
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

well with 2/3 of the members wanting a ban , i think this is fair
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 07:00 AM   #72
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregA
Aren't they banned already???

Hmm.. WHat happened..? I've havn't been following the boards all that much the last 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #73
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Keep SpeedFreak, dump Tine.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #74
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
I haven't had a chance to read though all the stuff over here... I'm still cleaning up the mess over at bimmerfest... I will be back shortly to defend myself.

For the record:

Tine is lying... I am in NO WAY involved in what he is claiming. I have been 100% honest and sincere in everything I have done here.

I did not Punk you people... I did not participate in any joke of any kind... I give you my word.
Speed, No fcking big deal . Why care about what they think; I can only read a bunch of people , too lazy to do any research by themselves, they just keep their finger crossed and dream to pay a 330i price for a 335 badge with 40+ hp more.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #75
warot
Rep
Drives: E-japan-9-red-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
I don't post much here but let me say that I back up the real Tine. What he is writing here doesn't even seem like him.

I'm not 100% sure about this one, but he was the one that helped with the E90 brochure when it was first leaked.
He has also been the one that has been spot on with how the E92/3... look at the pictures and look at what he posted a while ago, the rear lights are exactly the same.

You guys do know that ANYONE could have signed up under his name. As for Speedfreak, I don't know him.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #76
Wolf359
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

This all looked like an April's fool prank to me (Albeit on the wrong date, which makes it harder to detect and gets more people hooked).

With titles like "Latest info on 335", who's this guy to have "insider" information anyways? I could come up with a host of new features for Windows 2010, saying I got that directly from Microsoft, but would any of you believe me? Nobody thought there was something fishy about all this?

It goes even further, some people believed (Or wanted to believe) so much this information, that they may have delayed orders... On real good cars. Based on what... Word of mouth?

What forum rules were violated by Trine to merit banning?

1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it.

There was no personnal attack watsoever. I've seen writings that were very direct and did not cause any banning. If humor (Playing a prank) is disrespectful, that's the first I hear about it.

2) Search. These forums tend to accumulate knowledge, and so when you have a question do a simple search first. Alot of times, the best answers will be found in old threads that have gone over the topic in detail. If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question.

No question on an already exploited subject was asked.

3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

No insulting or flaming took place.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. BMW-E90 enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique, and prefer to be unique then share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.

The information shared was vaporware, so it didn't help... But pictures and stories of crashes don't help either, I don't see why that joke is worse in this regard.

5) Offtopic in Offtopic forum. Well this should be self explanatory

If that thing had been posted in the Offtopic forum, either two things would have happened:

1 - It would have been moved to this forum, or;

2 - It would have immediately been recognized as a prank, greatly diminishing its effectiveness.

6) Make suggestions

Well, it could have been taken as a suggestion to BMW to come up with something that has the same kind of power as an IS300 or G35.

Anyways, I am in no way defending what was done by Tine because it was a waste of time for a few people, but at the same time I can't help but think that the punition was a bit strong.

This was intended as a joke, now could anyone telle me where has gone the concept of free speech?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #77
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Freedom of speech isn't the only law in United States.
You can go to jail for saying you are going to kill someone, right? Try "thats freedom of speech!" on that.

Tine, definitely ban. Any member who spreads false rumor(meaning, they had intention to screw around with people, knowing the information they were giving out were pure bullsh1t) and killing the credibility of the forum should be banned without a second chance. GROW UP. Try to make things better, not worse. If everything becomes pure false information and bullsh1t in this forum, who the hell would come? Afterall, this isn't just some ricer's street racing forum nor just pure BSing forum. There are other forums for that kind of crap.

And the smartasses in this thread claiming "this is internet", you all believed it like bunch of dumb-n-dumbers. What are you saying? You wouldn't really give a crap about this place? Yeah, you are right, this is internet and there will be morons. Well, lets try to minimaze those morons so we can actually make this place a better place to learn/seek information about cars. REAL information.

As for SpeedFreak!, I say we give him a chance to prove himself.

SpeedFreak!, do you have any kind of proof that you can show us you really are an "insider" of BMW?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #78
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Joy Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Any member who spreads false rumor(meaning, they had intention to screw around with people, knowing the information they were giving out were pure bullsh1t) and killing the credibility of the forum should be banned without a second chance.
Than we should also "ban" our administration and some media for fooled us about Iraqi WMD years ago.

Quote:
SpeedFreak!, do you have any kind of proof that you can show us you really are an "insider" of BMW?
A badge perhaps? j/k

Btw, why is this thread still active? Tine is already banned.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #79
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

lux, are you familiar with SF's posts over at Bimmerfest? He's a Sales Manager or something at a BMW dealership.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #80
Wolf359
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
You can go to jail for saying you are going to kill someone, right? Try "thats freedom of speech!" on that.
As I recall, Tine did not such statement.

Actually, a lot of people here (Including myself) had on occasion, made much harsher comments towards other forum users that were disrespectful (Well some deserved it), and none were banned. All I'm pointing out is that in this view, it doesn't look very fair.

On the other hand, with all the time and work invested in this forum, I can understand the owners for being really mad and showing him the door.

Quote:
Now I'd be curious to see a reply on that one...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #81
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

This thread is retarded, lets the mods and admins make these decisions. However, I will say that SpeedFreak! was is a very pompous individual, to the extreme.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #82
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:

Tine, definitely ban. Any member who spreads false rumor(meaning, they had intention to screw around with people, knowing the information they were giving out were pure bullsh1t) and killing the credibility of the forum should be banned without a second chance. GROW UP. Try to make things better, not worse. If everything becomes pure false information and bullsh1t in this forum, who the hell would come? Afterall, this isn't just some ricer's street racing forum nor just pure BSing forum. There are other forums for that kind of crap.

And the smartasses in this thread claiming "this is internet", you all believed it like bunch of dumb-n-dumbers. What are you saying? You wouldn't really give a crap about this place? Yeah, you are right, this is internet and there will be morons. Well, lets try to minimaze those morons so we can actually make this place a better place to learn/seek information about cars. REAL information.

As for SpeedFreak!, I say we give him a chance to prove himself.

That is exactly the point.

Tine purposely LIED about me... he falsely accused me of something that I did not do... for what purpose?!

The only reason that makes any sense is personal destruction.

When called on it... he LIED even further to cover up his other LIES... claiming that the "proof" he had of communications between me and him was destroyed by the admins of this site.

He has continued over on bimmerfest to LIE... continuing his claim that this was all planned and started by me... that he is the victim... that I convinced him to screw with all of you and to lie.

This act is incredibly vicious and could only serve one purpose... personal destruction.

There is absolutely nothing funny about what he did.

As for me... I work for a BMW dealership... I've been a top producer since starting with BMW and have had the pleasure of developing relationships with top people within the BMW organization.

I was one of the first (if not the first) people from the inside that reported the fact that we would be getting a 335 and that BMW had decided to bring a Petrol Turbo back to the market on the heals of the wildly successful turbo diesels.

I have not been able to talk to my original sources from a year ago (with the 335 Turbo being an addition to the line up, not a replacement)... I have since developed other relationships that have conflicted with my original sources. In Nov'05, I was told that we would be getting the 328/335... the latter having a 310hp 3.5L NA engine... with the Turbo being put on indefinite hold. Ever since that time I have tried to reach my original sources from a year ago to either confirm or deny these claims.

Today... I was able to confirm certain information... information that is going to seriously shake up my position. I'm currently trying to confirm the information and will let you know as soon as I am able to do so.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #83
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

To be honest and not crude: I guess this is the thing, you may be right or wrong in all your info. but your personality needs more work than most others here. Shape up and stop acting so damm offical about everything, I don't think anyone here really cares who you work for or where you work. If you have valuable info to share, share. Leave the "I know everything and you don't" persona out of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #84
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
jeez...
      02-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #85
YYimports
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TitanSilver E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
To be honest and not crude: I guess this is the thing, you may be right or wrong in all your info. but your personality needs more work than most others here. Shape up and stop acting so damm offical about everything, I don't think anyone here really cares who you work for or where you work. If you have valuable info to share, share. Leave the "I know everything and you don't" persona out of it.
Totally agree. There were plenty of people that weren't too sad about you possibly getting banned here (just look at the poll results) or at bfest. With your hookups and insider status, you could be a real cool member of the community... if you didn't come off the way you often do.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #86
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf359
As I recall, Tine did not such statement.

Actually, a lot of people here (Including myself) had on occasion, made much harsher comments towards other forum users that were disrespectful (Well some deserved it), and none were banned. All I'm pointing out is that in this view, it doesn't look very fair.

On the other hand, with all the time and work invested in this forum, I can understand the owners for being really mad and showing him the door.
Its not about heated debates, or throwing harsher comments.
Its about spreading false rumor, and whats really got him banned is, he had intention to screw around with us with that false info he made up. If it was just one or two people that was influenced then fine, but whole forum was into what they were saying for quite a while. He really did a good job of "punking" this whole forum. Ban call was VERY fair in my opinion. No, it wasn't just a fair move, it had to be done. And I hope the admins do the samething if anything like this happens in this forum again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
As for me... I work for a BMW dealership... I've been a top producer since starting with BMW and have had the pleasure of developing relationships with top people within the BMW organization.

Today... I was able to confirm certain information... information that is going to seriously shake up my position. I'm currently trying to confirm the information and will let you know as soon as I am able to do so.
SpeedFreak!, I don't know.. I still can't trust you. Im not saying you are BS though. I just can't trust you yet, unless I see some kind of proof. Perhaps, can you release the dealerhship name and your name? so we can at least confirm that you really do work at the dealership. Sorry, when it comes down to trust, I am one of those people who thinks there is no one you can really trust in this world except for yourself. especially over the web.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0