E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > sync your itunes playlist with your USB drive

10-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
ruthlessbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i Sedan(Sports+ipod)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTuna70 View Post
This was SO helpful!! Thank you very much!! I downloaded the zip file, ran the executable and the rest went through without a hitch. I now have my itunes playlists, along with the song file structure, on my USB flash drive and playing through the stereo of my new 2011 328xi.

One wish would be to have the software 'magically' adjust the playback volume to make all songs the same/consistent....sort of like iTunes does....when saved to the flash drive.

Question....can I safely leave my flash drive inserted in my USB port 24x7x365 without fear of draining my car battery when the vehicle is not in use?

Thanks folks!
m3u playlist features supported by BMW are pretty limited. So unless there was a setting that could be set on the playlist file you are out of luck (sorry lazy to implement it).

As for your question I never remove my USB drive from my port and have had no issues.

I have now moved from iTunes to Media Monkey. Thinking of modifying the program to support Media Monkey too. But before I go forward I would like to know how many people would be interested in it?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
EMR2012
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 325i

Do you have the program for MAC OS X?

Or, do anyone knows any other program I can use?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
mojorisin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Thank you so much for this software. I was having trouble getting my 2009 335i to read the playlists on my ipod (it would read everything but the playlists).

Anyway, I tried the flash drive option using the above software and it works perfectly. Some have mentioned that they couldn't get the protected files to play (songs purchased through itunes), but I haven't had that problem. Everything has worked perfectly for me.

The only wrinkle was I had to have all of my music contained in the "Itunes" folder before exporting it. Previously, I had segregated my music in multiple folders by genres and uploaded from those folders into itunes. This caused an error, but when I copied all of my music into the "itunes" folder, everything worked like a charm.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
lcasale
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
Hey Ruthless, I just tried out the program and it works great. Would you be willing to release the source code? I want to add some sort of progress bar. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
Hanzoligen
Rep
Drives: 123d

You guys should definately take a look at a nice application called DoubleTwist. Might help here as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
vinicio125
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 X5

Missing songs

[QUOTE=ruthlessbmw;4465354]This is a BETA version of the program merged with the original program code version 1.5. Please let me know if you have any issues.

I'll try to get this done and release the code this weekend.

Any new enhancements requests are welcomed.

Note: I tried writing the extended M3U playlist, but it looks like BMW does not really read the extended information. Hence I removed that feature.[/QUOTE

Thank you for this program. It's the first time I get my BMW to play anything from a USB. Two issues:
1. Although the boxes are checked, will not read AAC files, weather protected or not.
2. Lots of songs missing from the playlist.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0