E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Veil G4

09-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Veil G4

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if anyone has used this product...

1) How long does a coat last? (i.e. will it come off with your first wash)
2) How much does a coat affect the light from your headlights? Will you still be able to drive at night OK?

Thank you.

(P.S.: Don't really care for the laser intercepting properties, it looks like tint, so I would def. do it on my rear lights, and fronts as well if you could see through it OK. Price locally is steep, but paying $100 to try it doesn't seem to be that bad...)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

If you don't want it for the laser jamming properties there are probably better options available for just an aesthetic purpose.
      09-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
If you don't want it for the laser jamming properties there are probably better options available for just an aesthetic purpose.
Well, I do want them, I just didn't want to start a convesation like "it doesn't work anyway, etc, etc."
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
328i
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Well, I do want them, I just didn't want to start a convesation like "it doesn't work anyway, etc, etc."
Gotcha, although I have read it does help, so it is a good investment if you have a jammer already. I have read that it does decrease light output a little bit, but I doubt it would be anything noticeable and definitely not a problem with xenons. As far as washing, it is supposed to be resistant to regular car washing, but keep in mind they recommend to reapply it every 4-6 months. I would probably not recommend using a product meant for stripping waxes/sealants though, maybe do the the veil everytime you do a full detail of your car, and just wash it and seal/wax it in between, but keep the lsp off the veil coating as I'm not sure how it would affect it.
      09-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: german v6

veil guru :))

i do have veil and use the g4.
the best way is to prep your light good , if u do that it will be easy to apply.
so if you lights are foggy or haze , than get them restore and after that veil ,if not just rub some plastx on it to prep the lights, a light buff it works too.
clean good your lights with alchool let it dry and apply veil with airbrush , is the best method , do some practice on something to get use with.
the best way is multiple light coats , let sit for 10-30 minutes between. if u do it on car , mask everything. just make sure u get even on both headlight or tail , it get`s darker quick if not familiar with airbrush , just keep it moving.
on mine i add some clear coat on it same , with airbrush.
if u add on headlights , u will see from side that is like an aluminum foil on it.
once u get it done , carefull with deicer spray , windex , alcool too it removes veil.
if u don``t run a plate and your car is darker veil helps , but your speed is still reading around 500 ft-800 ft , veil plus jammer is the way to go if u need laser protection.
any Q just ask.
be safe ,
      09-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
328i
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
i do have veil and use the g4.
the best way is to prep your light good , if u do that it will be easy to apply.
so if you lights are foggy or haze , than get them restore and after that veil ,if not just rub some plastx on it to prep the lights, a light buff it works too.
clean good your lights with alchool let it dry and apply veil with airbrush , is the best method , do some practice on something to get use with.
the best way is multiple light coats , let sit for 10-30 minutes between. if u do it on car , mask everything. just make sure u get even on both headlight or tail , it get`s darker quick if not familiar with airbrush , just keep it moving.
on mine i add some clear coat on it same , with airbrush.
if u add on headlights , u will see from side that is like an aluminum foil on it.
once u get it done , carefull with deicer spray , windex , alcool too it removes veil.
if u don``t run a plate and your car is darker veil helps , but your speed is still reading around 500 ft-800 ft , veil plus jammer is the way to go if u need laser protection.
any Q just ask.
be safe ,
I hope English is your second language...
      09-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I hope English is your second language...
u the secodn u say that , yes is second and i work on it ! takes a while
      09-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
328i
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
u the secodn u say that , yes is second and i work on it ! takes a while
For English being a second language you're doing very well. I originally asked because there are too many kids these days who post garbage that is barely coherent with their terrible grammar and punctuation.
      09-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
For English being a second language you're doing very well. I originally asked because there are too many kids these days who post garbage that is barely coherent with their terrible grammar and punctuation.
i still have the bad behavior to translate world by world