E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > bleep proceess not working. Bad power distribution block? Please help.

01-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
r111
Private
Rep
Drives: 996 C2

bleep proceess not working. Bad power distribution block? Please help.

I recently started my 2006 e90 from a cold start. Immediately, I received a low coolant alarm light on my dash. I stopped the car and filled it with 2 quarts mixed bmw coolant. I performed the electric bleed process, but I could not hear the water pumping. I tried several times, each while waiting 5 minutes with the key out, but I did not hear water gushing at the reservoir.

I know the sound, as I've done the bleed before. I don't have a bavtech tool to capture the error codes. What else can I check to verify the water pump is working?

The pump and thermostat was replaced 30K mi, and 12 months ago. No problems with the old unit. It was done as preventive maintenance.

Some people have had good pumps installed, but the power distribution block failed on top of the battery. How do I check fuses are still good? Or should I just buy one to change?

When the shop replaced the pump and thermostat, he scanned for error messages and found a IBS fault. He said a cable on the power distro block was loose.
Appreciate 0