E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92, Fitting M3 Style Front Wings To 325 Coupe

01-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Abbott567
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325d E92 Msport Coupe

E92, Fitting M3 Style Front Wings To 325 Coupe

Hi, I am new to the forum having only had a BM for around 2 months. I was just wanting some advice.

I have purchased two M3 style wings, which are supposed to fit straight onto an M Sport Coupe, and I was just wondering if anybody else had done this, or something similar. They came supplied with a new screen wash bottle so I am assuming there is more to it than just swapping the panels.

I have a late 2010 325d M Sport Coupe, which has the white style angel lights and LED side indicators, so I'm hoping the M3 style repeaters will plug straight in without me needing to alter the voltage etc.

My reasons for doing this, is not to try and create an M3 replica, I just think the front fender style wings look so much cooler than the regular ones. My idea is to get regular M badges rather than the M3 badges that are fitted to the fenders as standard.

Any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 04:43 AM   #2
comcorp
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

Yes, you will like the M3 style on your car, it breaks the line which nicely at the fenders, not to mention the LED side signal lamps.

Here's mine installed with the //M badge i/o M3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Abbott567
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325d E92 Msport Coupe

Ah man! They definitely look nicer! Were they difficult to fit?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
dbudh001
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m4cs 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcorp
Yes, you will like the M3 style on your car, it breaks the line which nicely at the fenders, not to mention the LED side signal lamps.

Here's mine installed with the //M badge i/o M3.
Nice ride.

Was curious where u got the fenders and the spoiler from ? And how was fitment ? Was it a DYI or you defiantly needed body show. ? can u take some more pic of the spoiler. Been contemplating one. But I've heard so may bad things I want to find the right sponsor to buy from.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbudh001 View Post
Nice ride.

Was curious where u got the fenders and the spoiler from ? And how was fitment ? Was it a DYI or you defiantly needed body show. ? can u take some more pic of the spoiler. Been contemplating one. But I've heard so may bad things I want to find the right sponsor to buy from.
The fenders can be had from JGMods (forum sponsor) PM Jay for forum pricing:

http://www.jgmods.com/index.php/e92-...e-fenders.html

I got my M3 rep fenders from Jay @ JGMods - I would never buy rep parts from any other vendor - he has proven time & time again that his rep parts have perfect fitment.

They are PnP as long as you use the side marker gils/lights that come with the fenders. I opted to use OEM sidemarkers in the Black Chrome with 24SMD LED lights. The sidemarkers that come with the fenders are aftermarket & chrome - they are wired with an adapter to plug directly in to your existing sidemarker harness.

The OEM's I got have no such adapter - so you need to switch out the connectors on the end of your existing sidemarker harness with the M3 specific connectors/pins, very EZ...

I have his MTech Rep Rear Bumper, M3 Rep Side Skirts, & the M3 Rep Fenders.

The rear bumper was installed by my BMW dealer - they didn't even know it was a rep till I told them - they stated it fit perfectly as OEM
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Hartge
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330d Sport

love them
      02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post

I got my M3 rep fenders from Jay @ JGMods - I would never buy rep parts from any other vendor - he has proven time & time again that his rep parts have perfect fitment.

They are PnP as long as you use the side marker gils/lights that come with the fenders. I opted to use OEM sidemarkers in the Black Chrome with 24SMD LED lights. The sidemarkers that come with the fenders are aftermarket & chrome - they are wired with an adapter to plug directly in to your existing sidemarker harness.

The OEM's I got have no such adapter - so you need to switch out the connectors on the end of your existing sidemarker harness with the M3 specific connectors/pins, very EZ...

The rear bumper was installed by my BMW dealer - they didn't even know it was a rep till I told them - they stated it fit perfectly as OEM
Thank you for the continued support and kind words sir!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
PBGF32
Engineer
Rep
Drives: 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post

Do you have the part # for this wiring harness? Source? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #9
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

I presume they are not flared out like the m3?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #10
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by three35 View Post
Do you have the part # for this wiring harness? Source? Thanks!!
If you mean the adapter harness that comes with the fender lights - the wire adapter is not a separate piece - it is hard wired & siliconed in to the aftermarket M3 sidemarker lights that come with the fenders.

If you mean the OEM connectors/pins that you need to convert our sidemarker light harness to work with M3 sidemarkers - I'll have to look back in my order records to see what I got. But as I stated, it's not a pre-made harness. You will have to cut off your existing connector, crimp the new terminals to the wires & insert into the new connectors...

Quote:
I presume they are not flared out like the m3?
No
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0