E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Wagner FMIC fitted 335d (LCI) - Reviewed

05-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #23
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Before the exhaust and FMIC was fitted, I was dyno'ed at 360BHP 750NM.

When the DMS remap was done (before the above mods and in Stock form) The car went on the rollers with 278BHP and stayed on them until the best Map was found and that was the figures stated above. It's true, I can only guess what it is now but it will be MORE

When I had my 135i fitted with the Forge FMIC it made an extra 12BHP on the STOCK map. So I would hazzard a guess that the 335d with a remap would improve a bit more than this with the FMIC fitted AFTER a Remap

I am not planning another dyno run at present but that said curiosity may bet the better of me later this year and I may get a final map done and if I do I will of course post it on here.

I hope this is factual enough for you all and I have not stated anything that is not proven now
      05-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Don't get me wrong, I love a fast 335d! Want to see the proof because strong dyno's put a smile on my face. That's all.
      05-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love a fast 335d! Want to see the proof because strong dyno's put a smile on my face. That's all.
Here is some material for you then .. tissues at the ready
linky

Last edited by 335DEE; 05-26-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #26
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-335d View Post

When the DMS remap was done (before the above mods and in Stock form) The car went on the rollers with 278BHP and stayed on them until the best Map was found and that was the figures stated above. It's true, I can only guess what it is now but it will be MORE

When I had my 135i fitted with the Forge FMIC it made an extra 12BHP on the STOCK map. So I would hazzard a guess that the 335d with a remap would improve a bit more than this with the FMIC fitted AFTER a Remap

I am not planning another dyno run at present but that said curiosity may bet the better of me later this year and I may get a final map done and if I do I will of course post it on here.

I hope this is factual enough for you all and I have not stated anything that is not proven now
Sorry Si,but I'm struggling to make sense of how you are calculating the power you're claiming.

I also doubt the power claimed,and without a dyno graph to back up the claims I think you're short of the 378bhp you suggest you're running.

I have asked previously for a dyno graph to support the 360bhp you claim the map from DMS gives,and the request was ignored,DMS have a r/road so why is there not a graph to back it up?

Quote:

When the DMS remap was done (before the above mods and in Stock form) The car went on the rollers with 278BHP and stayed on them until the best Map was found and that was the figures stated above.
According to your claim above, the car in stock form was rollered @ 278bhp,some 8bhp less than the BMW claimed 286bhp,no problems there,unusual perhaps,as some tuners (one in particular) always claim stock 335D's always push out more power!

So according to you, the map from DMS gave you an extra 82BHP,noteworthy,because it's without doubt the strongest and largest hike in BHP I've ever seen claimed.

You're now claiming 378BHP,how is this figure arrived at?

I've seen no evidence from Wagner (yes I've read the thread) of an increase in power,only of a decrease in temperature,which on it's own does not support a power increase,in fact as someone mentioned earlier,a temperature decrease can have the opposite effect!

Just for some reference here,my last 335D was rollered at 285.4 bhp at Surrey Rolling road in stock form.
It was then rollered again at SRR after a remap and it gave 345 odd BHP.
With a straight through exhaust + the original map it was then measured again at SRR and it came in at 363BHP (DPF intact).

Can we see the original graph from DMS that supports the 360BHP you're claiming,as without it,it's hard to understand,or believe the claims you are suggesting.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DEE View Post
Here is some material for you then .. tissues at the ready
linky
Bang on the money Dee,and in line with what I'd expect, and the same power output as a friend's 335D,that now wears my old straight through exhaust.

That must be a monster of a car,that torque would worry the life out of me though,my friend's car has problems with the gearbox, and the DTC warning light is a permanent feature on his dashboard!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Thanks.

Bang on the money Dee,and in line with what I'd expect, and the same power output as a friend's 335D,that now wears my old straight through exhaust.

That must be a monster of a car,that torque would worry the life out of me though,my friend's car has problems with the gearbox, and the DTC warning light is a permanent feature on his dashboard!
I would like to confirm the above the car just pulls and pulls, certainly leaves stock 35d behind

HotCoupe - can you give more details about the issues your friends car? what sort of gearbox issues?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #28
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Hotcoupe, I will see if I can get the dyno on here at the weekend which shows the 360BHP. the 378BHP is an estimate and I have no dyno for that. I was making an assumption that between the straight through exhaust and the intercooler upgrade I "could" be getting around another 18BHP....one day I may get a final Dyno on the car as I am not planning on anymore performance increases on it, other than ditching the RFT's to I can get all this insane power to the road. The Quaife LSD has helped alot but some decent tyres should finish the job nicely.
      05-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
HotCoupe - can you give more details about the issues your friends car? what sort of gearbox issues?
The changes in gears both up and down are very erratic, and far from normal,there is also a suspicion that the torque converter is playing up.
DTC warning light is permanently on, and is not working at all.

BMW won't touch it without a hefty diagnosis fee upfront and don't really want to know owing to the modifications.
The car was red flagged by BMW quite some time ago,and his only real option is a good indy.

Quote:
Hotcoupe, I will see if I can get the dyno on here at the weekend which shows the 360BHP. the 378BHP is an estimate and I have no dyno for that. I was making an assumption that between the straight through exhaust and the intercooler upgrade I "could" be getting around another 18BHP....one day I may get a final Dyno on the car as I am not planning on anymore performance increases on it, other than ditching the RFT's to I can get all this insane power to the road. The Quaife LSD has helped alot but some decent tyres should finish the job nicely.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry for the delay but here is the Dyno BEFORE the Wagner FMIC and the CKS straight though CAT back exhaust system were fitted:-

07-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
I've noticed that many tuners in the UK show high HP dyno values when it comes to the 335d. In Canada where I'm at and also the US for that matter, HP dyno values are much more conservative. What gives? I know you guys there have DPF deletes in some cases and don't have emission restrictions as we do with the urea etc. Still though, lots of these HP figures seem to be at the crank and not the wheels.

As for the Wagner FMIC, I'm still not sold on it. I need to see some conclusive proof before I shell out $1000 CAD after shipping. I'd rather get an LSD first.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #32
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

GreekdoyD:-
I understand what you are saying but the power delivery above 3500RPM is noticably stronger to the Butt Dyno and it does not get asthmatic over aroubd 4500rpm anymore, it just keeps pulling srong up there. in 1st, your hard pushed to notice much as there is too much power anyway and is all over so fast! but ehan it grabs hold it in 2nd 3rd and 4th and its more spirited, without a doubt. When cuising in 6th, the slightest throttle input has a stonger pull too
      07-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #33
Dizzle
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 335xD

Good write up OP.

well said MEGA; the forum isn't a hardcore tuning forum, its an owners forum so threads will be varied as you can appreciate there's many derivatives of the E9x.... no point in me for example tryign to discuss 'tuning' up my 320d; if I wanted a quick car I would buy a 335d or some other 'monster', so most conversations are cosmetics. That said I appreciate other peoples efforts
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #34
ollieebmw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw X340d G01

Greetings SI 335d.
I have a 335d (286hp)that was mapped by Angel tuning in Banbury and by their figures got 50bhp and 70+LB FT even though I have not done a dyno run yet. Also had the DPF delete and I E G panel air filter installed. Goes like a dirty diesel should lol. I am thinking about the intercooler but need to justify the bhp gains before I commit. Not sure about the custom exhaust as every one I have heard just comes out like a whistle unless it is at idling speed. Interested to hear otherwise from 335d owners. Nice mods as well on your bimmer and I will be joining yopu on 19 inch wheels soon

Olliee
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #35
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

ollieebmw:-

I am very happy with the exhaust. there is a deffinate "sporty" sound to it now when its booted. With the windows open it sounds great too...for a diesel. Definately go cat baqck, straight though with no boxes at all....yours will be lounder than mine as you have the DPF delete. Doesn't the oild in the ITG filter clogg up the Maf or summit ??? I keep wanting to change my air filter as I have to clean out the box once per month !!!