E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > GIAC Stage 2 and Turbo Actuators

12-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 335i M-Tech

GIAC Stage 2 and Turbo Actuators

So I am still only boosting max 11psi and the shop which installed the software said that my actuators could not handle the added boost. I told them it was built for the fully bolted on car.

I check all the boost lines and intakes yesterday and they look fine however the lines are not tightened with zip ties. The clamps are all tight are the DV's and intakes.

They are running logs at the shop now to check the boost levels.

I have asked them to do a full system pressure test.

If my actuators were faulty or not holding boost wouldnt they make a rattling noise ??? Do I need to upgrade my actuators?

What else can I check? Or get them to check for me since I dont have the time to do it all myself like in college.

The car is idling fine and runs ok but alittle down on power ... seems the same as stage 1 - but they said they downloaded the new stage 2.

This is annoying the hell out of me ... oh I have 18000 miles on the motor.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
old account 1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 463whp 2001.5 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepergm View Post
So I am still only boosting max 11psi and the shop which installed the software said that my actuators could not handle the added boost. I told them it was built for the fully bolted on car.

I check all the boost lines and intakes yesterday and they look fine however the lines are not tightened with zip ties. The clamps are all tight are the DV's and intakes.

They are running logs at the shop now to check the boost levels.

I have asked them to do a full system pressure test.

If my actuators were faulty or not holding boost wouldnt they make a rattling noise ??? Do I need to upgrade my actuators?

What else can I check? Or get them to check for me since I dont have the time to do it all myself like in college.

The car is idling fine and runs ok but alittle down on power ... seems the same as stage 1 - but they said they downloaded the new stage 2.

This is annoying the hell out of me ... oh I have 18000 miles on the motor.

Thanks
Can you have them send the logs to us? We had another customer with a similar issue and it ended up being his actual DVs which had torn diaphragms.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC View Post
Can you have them send the logs to us? We had another customer with a similar issue and it ended up being his actual DVs which had torn diaphragms.
They have put me back to stage 1 again ... which I am running around 11psi. I am currently running forge upgraded Diverter Valves. They did logs and checked the hardware and said everything was running fine. The GIAC file was sent back to GIAC distributor in Hong Kong and they are checking the software.

What logs do you want to log? I can do it and send it to you. Just send me a message on how to do it - since I have only logged on my Vagcom software for my VW. I have the hardware / software from Bavarian to do it however have no run any yet.

Just let me know. I thought I was supposed to peak more than 11psi with stage 1 even with full bolt ons.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump for answer
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
RR80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Bump for answer
Forge DV come with difference color springs, try harder spring if your DV can't hold up the high boost from the stage2 software!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

The shop installed the DV for me ... I will have to get the springs off them. Do the springs install the same way as the Forge DV for the VW ...? As in do the tops just twist off and then I can pull the springs out ... ?

What color should I use?

Can I just reinstall my stock DV in the same location?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
Quote:
The shop installed the DV for me ... I will have to get the springs off them. Do the springs install the same way as the Forge DV for the VW ...? As in do the tops just twist off and then I can pull the springs out ... ?

What color should I use?

Thanks
The stock diverter valves hold the Stage 2 boost well enough from my logs. Maybe you should try them and see if the problem gets solved.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
RR80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:

What color should I use?

Thanks
yes, just twist off and then pull the springs out. They should come with 3 set of spring (Green, Yellow and Red), I think your're using green spring if you didn't change anything when install. try yellow one, it work perfect with my procede V4! I think every forge DV come with spring , My Forge DV of the A4 also come with 3 set! go check with the shop~

you should got all the things in the pic!

Last edited by RR80; 12-14-2010 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

I think I will change my old diverter valves back in first ... Can I just take the Forge ones out and replace with the stock ones while using all the forge piping which came with the kit?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0