E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > So Sebastian Vettel will soon be a 4 time F1 champ.

10-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #67
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Bottom line is Vettel wins the championship tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #68
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Bottom line is Vettel wins the championship tomorrow.
Yep number 4 being served up tomorrow. Get the Krug ready!

Looking forward to how the different strategies plays out tomorrow, hopefully will be a competitive race.
      10-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #69
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

If you have the quali on DVR take a look at Ross Brawn just after Vettel's P1 lap. Utter disgust. This is not much fun at this stage. Total domination, RBR is in another league than the teams, F0? Can't wait for the next season, this is just as exciting as watching USA play international basket ball...just mail the trophy and save everyone's time.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Gary only wishes he knew what Adrian & Co are up to. It's all speculation, and the key point is that even IF any of this conjecture were true, other teams would have to base their ENTIRE car around it - from scratch... So it wouldn't work for them.
Correct, but these thermal images were just introduced by FOM last few races.
So it is possible that RBR has been developing that system since Winter, and been optimized and perfectioned during summer break.

And this might be possibly the "secret" that Vettel mentioned a while ago.

Nonetheless, if any of this were true, its very clever and genious!!! Who said F1 is going backwards?
      10-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #71
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post

Looking forward to how the different strategies plays out tomorrow, hopefully will be a competitive race.
Mumm will be served on the podium. But I'm sure the team will have Krug chilled in the paddock~
      10-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #72
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

The whole Vettel thing is exactly why I have never been able to get interested in F1. Seems every year it's the same thing, one or 2 guys just completely run away from the pack, it's boring. Because I never got interested I also never looked too closely at the rules to see how much of it is about driver and how much of it is about car design? No doubt Vettel or anyone else who wins championships is a pretty damn skilled driver, but is there a huge technology gap between racing teams that allows one or 2 teams to always be at top?

I have always loved Indy. Cars are all identical, and every race can go to anyone in the field. So much more competitive, which makes it much more exciting.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #73
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post

Mumm will be served on the podium. But I'm sure the team will have Krug chilled in the paddock~
Ha very true. Mumm on the podium and whatever the cool kids are drinking these days in the paddock
      10-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #74
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

He has a fast car... thats it..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #75
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
There you go...he is a Button not an Alonso or a Hamilton.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #76
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Well. On to the next one...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #77
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
LMAO. After today, it just shows how little either of you know.

Congrats to Vettel!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #78
ricanbandit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 30i

I am a life long Ferrari Tifosi. I was about 5 when my Dad turned me on to F1 (more years ago than I care to admit) and I have to say. The Renault engine is Good, The RB Chassis is Great, the driver... That kid, well he's just exceptional isn't he? 26? WTF?
      10-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #79
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
LMAO. After today, it just shows how little either of you know.

Congrats to Vettel!!!
In terms of skills, drivers like Alonso and Kimi blow Vettel away...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #80
solstice
Major General
Rep

Congrats to RBR, and to the other teams, pull up your pants and get competitive. It's not RBRs fault this is getting boring, it falls on the competition that need to improve.

DRS is the best thing done to F1 the 30 or so years I've been following and it should make every race fun but it's not enough when one team is this superior. Again congrats to RBR and Vettel, well done!

Last edited by solstice; 10-27-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #81
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Congrats to Vettel and Nissan. Looks like the Shumacher like domination years are back.
      10-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #82
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel!!!

A very good driver in by far the most superior car out there. I don't know where he stands among the greats but if he continues he should be up there.

IMO, Ayrton Senna is the greatest F1 driver!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #83
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Are the guys saying it's boring watching a different telecast than I am? This season has had some of the most interesting races since I've been watching the sport. Sure, it might not be the battle for first place but how much TV time is the RBR car actually getting? I think that Lotus has been the winner in terms of excitement and the battles between Mercedes, Ferrari, and Lotus have been awesome. Who cares if it's for second or third or even 9th position? Good racing is good racing and if you can't appreciate that then this sport just ain't for you.

Vettel won a race in a Toro Rosso and scored points in a Sauber and was the youngest to achieve both milestones. Haters gonna hate but he's got four titles to his name. If Hamilton and Alonso are so great and the teams they race for are so legendary then why the fuck aren't they winning? Stop blaming red bull for races that bore you and start putting the blame where it belongs... on the competition that continues to fail in stepping up their game.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #84
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
The whole Vettel thing is exactly why I have never been able to get interested in F1. Seems every year it's the same thing, one or 2 guys just completely run away from the pack, it's boring.
So, last year when there was a different winner in each of the first 7 races, and the championship margin was 3 points, that was the "same thing"? Or in 2010, when 16 points separated the top 4 finishers? Or in 2008, a 1 point championship? Or 2007, where 1 point separated the top 3 drivers? Yeah, same thing every year!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #85
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Oh, OK, so that's why Vettel and Webber have been dueling it out every year for the championship; because they're both driving the same fast car, right?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #86
solstice
Major General
Rep

Vettel has now won six races in a row. It will be nine at the end of the season unless RBR messes with his car to send WEB off in style from a long F1 carrier. That is total domination and not very exciting to watch. Sure, there are always good battles for the other positions but the excitement level drops about 10x from a winner battle to a battle for 2nd and then keeps falling. Good battles for the win are what we all want to see. The competition really need to step it up next year. FIA is also aware of the risks to the sport if total domination runs for a long time, so they will do what they can with new regulations as well. DRS will in most cases do the trick as it did with all the different winners last year. it really re-juvenated F1, let's hope the field is more even next year to bring the battle for first back in every race. I'm tired of hearing about Vettel pullig out of the allowed DRS gap on the first lap.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #87
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Vettel has now won six races in a row. It will be nine at the end of the season unless RBR messes with his car to send WEB off in style from a long F1 carrier. That is total domination and not very exciting to watch. Sure, there are always good battles for the other positions but the excitement level drops about 10x from a winner battle to a battle for 2nd and then keeps falling. Good battles for the win are what we all want to see. The competition really need to step it up next year. FIA is also aware of the risks to the sport if total domination runs for a long time, so they will do what they can with new regulations as well. DRS will in most cases do the trick as it did with all the different winners last year. it really re-juvenated F1, let's hope the field is more even next year to bring the battle for first back in every race. I'm tired of hearing about Vettel pullig out of the allowed DRS gap on the first lap.
I suggest you take up watching a new sport, like under-water basket weaving or something. There will always be winners and sore-losers. If you really want 'more even' then stick to Indy. *YAWN*

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the most intelligent comments I've heard lately are here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
So, last year when there was a different winner in each of the first 7 races, and the championship margin was 3 points, that was the "same thing"? Or in 2010, when 16 points separated the top 4 finishers? Or in 2008, a 1 point championship? Or 2007, where 1 point separated the top 3 drivers? Yeah, same thing every year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Are the guys saying it's boring watching a different telecast than I am? This season has had some of the most interesting races since I've been watching the sport. Sure, it might not be the battle for first place but how much TV time is the RBR car actually getting? I think that Lotus has been the winner in terms of excitement and the battles between Mercedes, Ferrari, and Lotus have been awesome. Who cares if it's for second or third or even 9th position? Good racing is good racing and if you can't appreciate that then this sport just ain't for you.

Vettel won a race in a Toro Rosso and scored points in a Sauber and was the youngest to achieve both milestones. Haters gonna hate but he's got four titles to his name. If Hamilton and Alonso are so great and the teams they race for are so legendary then why the fuck aren't they winning? Stop blaming red bull for races that bore you and start putting the blame where it belongs... on the competition that continues to fail in stepping up their game.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #88
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
Oh, OK, so that's why Vettel and Webber have been dueling it out every year for the championship; because they're both driving the same fast car, right?
Not sure why people can't see this?

I don't get it.

Just say good job. People just live to hate.
Appreciate 0