Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > run flat in the front but not the rear?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #45
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Ummmm, okay...

You are an idiot.

KTHXBYE
Damn your mad.

Good argument bud, how about give me just ONE example of an rft being better than it's non run flat counterpart. Don't call me an idiot when I'm the one that can give you all the examples of me being right. How many track guys have run flats? How about race cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Thats totally understood, but all that matters is the how much thread the wheel has, how much thread is touching the road, stickness of the tire, and the tire compound. What if the car it self is prone to over steer?

RFT only change the structure of how the tire is made. RFT are much heavier so they might not perform as well, but not a difference anyone can tell daily driving on it. Track is a different story.

Oem tires on m3 are RFT michelin pilot sport 2 and it handles amazing.
Thank you, you actually just made another point that could contribute to what I am saying. He has older run flats on the front that still have some life in them in the front, he is putting NEW tires in the rear that are more sticky in the first place. Stock M3's are big bags of understeer, but thats just cars nowadays. I do agree that rft's are totally fine/competent to do their job on the street, I disagree with you saying you won't be able to tell a difference. Remember this thread is about mixing the two. It is COMPLETELY fine to do so, anyone who says otherwise is either trying to sell you something or stupid.
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
CombatNinja
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i

M3s do not come on runflats. But there probably isn't much room for boring facts in this scintillating conversation.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
CombatNinja
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
He has older run flats on the front that still have some life in them in the front, he is putting NEW tires in the rear that are more sticky in the first place.
Where did the OP say which type of tire he would be fitting? It is mind-boggling that you think it is a given that any tire he fits will be "more sticky" than his stock tires. You cannot make that assumption.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #48
YianniM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
wow didnt think i was going to start a huge argument. i may just change all 4 tires to nitto invos and try and sell of my two front run flat tires
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #49
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Where did the OP say which type of tire he would be fitting? It is mind-boggling that you think it is a given that any tire he fits will be "more sticky" than his stock tires. You cannot make that assumption.
God you F**&ing prima donna, how many people downgrade when a superior alternative is 2/3 the price.
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #50
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixta325 View Post
wow didnt think i was going to start a huge argument. i may just change all 4 tires to nitto invos and try and sell of my two front run flat tires
you will be pleased with invos all the way around
      07-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #51
snayko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i 2006

Just my 2 cents:
From consumer prospective
All runflats - best option in terms of handling, steering, but a bit annoying that you feel every roughness on the road
Front runflats and rear conventional: I've driven with that for 2 years, dry and wet conditions, but no snow(Florida). Still good handling and steering( I believe if you want to leave good controllability you should have at least front runflats)
All conventional tires: I have much smoother and comfortable ride but lost my feeling that it is BMW, lost sharpness in turns, stuff like that.
Rear runflats and front non rft : no sense to me.
Appreciate 0