E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need some help w/ new e92

01-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
nickbutterz
Rep
Drives: Coming soon

Need some help w/ new e92

Hey guys, so I've been wandering around here reading learning, ect, waiting on getting my 07 328xi Coupe. I bought it from a private seller on Thursday, and it was at the mechanic till today, changing some gaskets because of a little leak, new belts etc etc. All good. Today I finally get to get in my new car and drive it and enjoy it, and I must say even just driving it around town it was a dream. I got the car pretty cheap, and the inside looks amazing and the outside is about 85% 90% great. Anyway to the reason of the posting.

I notice that there are some problems in the headlight area. First off none of my angel eyes are on, this is very upsetting because they are one of the sexier things on the BMW. Okay I think to myself maybe the angel eye bulbs are out, I wanna pick up some LUX anyway whatever. Then I notice the the inside lights used as DRLs are not on. I have bulb outages on those on iDrive. Again not really worried idc about DRLs, especially once I get my angel eyes working again I pop the hood and it looks like the person before me had a HID kit installed... idk why since I have xenons. I see the ballist and see that wired right into some wiring harness, and then what im assuming is the wires to what would be a bulb run somewhere into the back of the head light, but I cant tell where it goes to. It doesnt look like there is another ballast on the other side, but I havent looked too hard for it.

IF YOU READ NOTING ELSE READ THIS:
My real problem I noticed when I popped off the plastic housing that covers here the bulbs go, and I saw it...

These wires were just hanging out cut, I can see the the other end somewhere towards the bottom of the head light so maybe I can just solder them back and everything will be okay, but what are these wires!? The other side I found them and they are intacts. Also my iDrive has an error about adaptive heads lights, might that have something to do with it?

Can you guys please help me, thanks!

Last edited by nickbutterz; 01-12-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Do what I do and take your car into the dealership/Indy shop and have them figure it out? I don't mess with with any electrical/mechincal stuff on my car lol.
      01-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
nickbutterz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
Do what I do and take your car into the dealership/Indy shop and have them figure it out? I don't mess with with any electrical/mechincal stuff on my car lol.
Most likely what is going to end up happening. I was curious though of what it could be before I go have someone look at it so I dont get jerked around.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Any vacant female plug ins ahead of those
wires? Looks like clean cut and removal
of a plug in device.
      01-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

Open up the headlights and install LED angel eyes by yourself.
      01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
nickbutterz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noncom23 View Post
Any vacant female plug ins ahead of those
wires? Looks like clean cut and removal
of a plug in device.
WELL, actually, the other end is connected to something towards the bottom of the head light, so I can easily reconnect it, but I'm probably going to have to pull out the head light first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richurd View Post
Open up the headlights and install LED angel eyes by yourself.
That might be another option. Idk if I have the balls to do it by myself, so I might bring it to this place lightwerkz, its like 10 minutes from my house, and who I know people recommend on here as well as other people I know.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
nickbutterz
Rep

So I was looking at my head lights last night and playing with the highs, turning them on and off while facing my garage to see how they reacted and my passenger head light although would turn on, the adaptive projector would not aim it self up or strait a head it just stayed there as the other lead light moved. Also when I would flash my high beams to make the shrouds raise only the driver side one worked.

I am assuming these wires are for the projectors so tomorrow I'm gonna meet up with a friend of mine, pull the plug out that is at the bottom of the head light reconnect the wires to each other and plug it back in. Does anyone see a problem with that? Seems a little ridiculous to bring it to a shop just to reconnect 3 wires to each other. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
franciscoapg
FAST!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i, 01' F4i 600cc

The P/O probably had some sort of aftermarket headlight/corona ring setup. It seems you need to just make sure that all other wires are properly setup and that he uninstalled any of his aftermarket stuff and then proceed to rewire the headlight.
Appreciate 0