E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Resonated SS Exhaust Tips or just plain SS Tips

11-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
rje
RJE 335xi E90 Monaco Blue/Lemon, MB C350 White/Blk
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-335xi E90, 07 MDX,11 C350-4

Resonated SS Exhaust Tips or just plain SS Tips

Folks,

Want to get your opinion on this. I will be installing my AR Design downpipes this coming spring and will be (maybe) deleting the 2 resonators and definitely the catalytic converter but will be leaving the stock muffler intact, but replacing with a 3.5 inch Resonated SS exhaust tips or a 4 incher SS regular tips.

I appreciate any comments especially from those of you who have done these kind of things or those who are knowledgeable.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

i have the ae catback exhaust with the old style tips which im pretty sure they are the resonated ones and the sound is just slightly funny...i heard the new versions and they might be a little louder but they sound a little more aggressive.

mine just sounds like the sound is getting muffled a little if that makes any sense.

but either one should be fine just depends on what you want.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0