E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Why I Hate Main Dealers

04-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #23
Mustard3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

I'd like a superb local Indi I've found to service & look after my car but am a bit worried about not having a FBMWSH when it comes to selling on time.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #24
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

To be honest in my mind there is no difference between a FSH and FBMWSH. In fact my experience of indies and main dealers over the years means I'd value and trust the service from a decent indie much more than a main dealer.

The only reason to go to a main dealer is if you have a warranty. Other than that, I wouldn't grace them with my presence or worry about the future value of a FBMWSH. In fact you'll probably save more money in the long run by using the much cheaper indie services then any percieved lose in value of not having a FBMHSH.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #25
Mustard3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

You're absolutely right, and I don't have a warranty so if a future potential buyer requires a FBMWSH then I guess they'll have to look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #26
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

I think your all suffering from "southerner minimum wage syndrome". I work for a nationwide electricial retailer and our staff in the shops are much "thicker" down south than up norf. I generally put this down to the fact that the minimum wage is set nationally rather than regionally. So someone up norf can accept minimum wage but yet have a more resonable standard of living than someone darn sarf as rents/beers are cheaper up this way. People that accept minimum wage darn sarf are those scraping the bottom of the employee barrel.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #27
CJ92
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: S3 8P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
I know exactly how you feel as i am having the same problem with my dealer.They have had my E92 in twice now to sort out some annoying creaks.Both times a techie has come out with me and has heard the noise in question.
Both times i have been told its all sorted only to find the problem is still there.I was supposed to have had a phone call today from a manager to discuss said issue,and surprise surprise no phone call.If i dont hear from him tomorrow i will move it up a level.
Brought the car from Broad Oak Ashford on AU last August and am not impressed with their aftersales service.I have had the car back to them on several occasions to remedy various issues and each time its a battle.
The attitude seems to be its a '08 model with 58k on the clock what do you expect'.wtf!---Wankers..
Seems i may have been somewhat harsh with my comments!Service Manager called me this morning and could'nt apologise enough.Have arranged to collect my car and loan me a courtesy car until issues rectified.
My car is going to be collected on the 14th May so watch this space..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
Seems i may have been somewhat harsh with my comments!Service Manager called me this morning and could'nt apologise enough.Have arranged to collect my car and loan me a courtesy car until issues rectified.
My car is going to be collected on the 14th May so watch this space..
Good news but this is a similiar experience to mine, they balls it up and then have to get the Serice Manager involved to sort out the mess when if the service advisor had done their job in the first place, it wouldn't have ended up with you getting irate.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #29
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

+1, when I tried to get the dealers (Williams, Manchester city centre) to sort my (very common) failing 335i HPFP, they first of all deny any knowledge of 'failing fuel pumps' despite about >50% of 335i's worldwide having the problem. Patronisingly saying they work on 'facts from BMW' not 'rumours and misinformation on amateur forums'!!

Then they mess around updating software and giving you the car back, then saying they can't change it without a fault code to work on.

Then take it home (doing 90 miles!) and fail to spot the long cranking, saying they need evidence, and customer reports are not 'evidence' enough!!

It took me sending a rant and a DIY video of the starting problem to the workshop manager for them to jump into action, apologise, and change the pump straight away.

Numpties.

Last edited by doughboy; 04-29-2012 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #30
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard3 View Post
I'd like a superb local Indi I've found to service & look after my car but am a bit worried about not having a FBMWSH when it comes to selling on time.
This (common) perceived problem is what perpetuates the myth about 'dealer history' and allows them to get away with murder.

Do you mean a private sale or trade in?

Used prices (glass's etc) DO NOT VARY AT ALL regardless of who serviced it. As long is it is properly serviced thats all that counts.

So traders giving you that spin are just bulling you.

If a private buyer wants BMWFSH then they don't undestand about looking after a car anyway.

But you still need a good Indy mind, they vary a lot too. BMWCC mag is good for reccomendations.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #31
ihshaikh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SUPRA

Anyone recommend a decent BMW Dealer to service my car (It is under BMW Warranty to unfortunately our hands are tied).
      05-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #32
ihshaikh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SUPRA

Took our car to Berry BMW in Osterley.

Got a few things sorted out under extended warranty (failed ABS) - full software updates, etc.

Great service, very pleasant to deal with - so far so good. The service is due in October - will take it to them and then provide detailed feedback on that experience.

imi