E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Botched Solenoid Bypass

08-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 xDrive Comp - Dravit

Botched Solenoid Bypass

So I was trying to do the solenoid bypass for my JB+....ended up breaking the tee with the tee snapping off in the northermost metalic covered rubber wire. I ended up cutting a bit of it so that the broken tee tip would be taken out, but then the wire was too short to fit with the new replacement tee. So I got yet another tee, plugged it in, connected a "bridge" hose and capped one of the ends. The entire thing looks bad in there. It works now, I'm not getting any codes nor limp mode and woting fine.

I'm debating on taping up the hoses to the new tees as they dont seem to slide on very well (what is the size of the standard tees and hoses there?). Also, is the upper metallic/rubber hose somehow entirely replaceable?

Attached is what it kinda looks like now, with the hose in question marked. In the second image, hose 8 is the hose that's a bit too short now and that has required me to bridge. How easy is the said hose to replace/install (or do I need to take it to a shop to redo if I wanted to)?
Attached Images

Last edited by dionisk; 08-20-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0