E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335i or 335xi

10-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #177
brentparks
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

I vote for the 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #178
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Just go and drive the two cars. Car and Driver tested the S4 against the 335 rwd because against the xi would not have been a fair fight. I'm in Canada and have had 5 Audis (quattro) and love the winter traction. 3 have been S cars and were amazing. My B7 S4 had the V8 and the new S4, while faster, has lost its "edge". I don't like the appearance and it sounds terrible compared to my V8. I decided a change was in order and thats how I ended up with e92 335. Drove an M package 335 e92 xi and even the salesman agreed that it was an oxymoron. There is no bullshit argument here. If you like driving quickly and track your car occasionally then, in my opinion, there is no comparison.
All opinions, no facts.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #179
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigsTwin View Post
All opinions, no facts.
Correct. I discovered the facts after I got my e92 335. They are documented in Car and Driver and Bimmer Magazine by professionals.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #180
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Correct. I discovered the facts after I got my e92 335. They are documented in Car and Driver and Bimmer Magazine by professionals.
Please relay facts. Not more opinions.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #181
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd23 View Post
are there any disadvantages if i do decide to get the 335xi?
Forget the xi, go with the i. A set of Good All Seasons will be all you need for your winter in name only winters. We need just all seasons here, and when I lived up the rather snowy and icy mountains on NJ NW corner, I was amazed how effectively the Winter Blizzarks worked on the car. I lived in a ski-resort no less, the car was almost as good as my RAV4 4x4 with those tires on. But the downside is not much either if you go with the xi.
      10-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #182
335is
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is

335i more sporty in summers
335ix more fun in winters (on snow)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #183
Psukhe
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:

Yeah those automotive journalists are "professionals" with "facts"
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #184
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psukhe View Post
Yeah those automotive journalists are "professionals" with "facts"
They are professionals (car and driver is a respected mag) and no, those are not facts (of course), but I am going to believe them over anyone in this forum for sure (at least on this matter).

and dont forget my point on M-team engineers.......are you gonna doubt them too and say that M3 should have been fitted with X-drive ? (dont say it, you will insult every M3 owner out there)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #185
2K10E92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 Monaco Blue 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
They are professionals (car and driver is a respected mag) and no, those are not facts (of course), but I am going to believe them over anyone in this forum for sure (at least on this matter).

and dont forget my point on M-team engineers.......are you gonna doubt them too and say that M3 should have been fitted with X-drive ? (dont say it, you will insult every M3 owner out there)
I guess we'll have to wait and see if the rumors are true. If so, I'm sure you'll just ignore that just like you did the article that I posted earlier about how xDrive is performance oriented.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8156893
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #186
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K10E92 View Post
I guess we'll have to wait and see if the rumors are true. If so, I'm sure you'll just ignore that just like you did the article that I posted earlier about how xDrive is performance oriented.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8156893
Do you SERIOUSLY believe a "rumor" of some kid who has 170 in forum without a SINGLE link to prove it ?

Maybe I should start a "rumor" that next 335i will be FWD and will KILL current M3 ? Will you believe this as well ?

.......but this was very amusing, thanks for the laugh

EDIT: of course there is nothing wrong with going AWD, and who knows the truth......but if theoretically M3 did get AWD version, the X-drive would have to be redesigned. S4, RS4, STI, EVO all are great cars and all have AWD, but they are different systems.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 10-22-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #187
2K10E92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Do you SERIOUSLY believe a "rumor" of some kid who has 170 in forum without a SINGLE link to prove it ?

Maybe I should start a "rumor" that next 335i will be FWD and will KILL current M3 ? Will you believe this as well ?
I didn't say I believed it, dipshit. I was actually using it simply to highlight the fact that you really don't have any argument other than Car and Driver tested the 335i against the new S4 and that is how you know. And that another performance car is also RWD. And that an article with actual facts was posted completely contradicting what you've spewed throughout the entire thread and you just ignored it.

If that were my argument, I would just stay out of a thread. You have nothing to add yet you continue to vehemently defend the fact that xDrive sucks. Have you stopped to consider that perhaps it wasn't tested because of the suspension, rather than the xDrive? Probably not. Because you bought the 335i and it just has to be better. Because Car and Driver indirectly said so. Without posting lap times, or anything else.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #188
booner335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

depends on where ya live. id go with the 335i since i dont have to deal with snow... well actually i did pick the 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #189
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say I believed it, dipshit. I was actually using it simply to highlight the fact that you really don't have any argument other than Car and Driver tested the 335i against the new S4 and that is how you know. And that another performance car is also RWD. And that an article with actual facts was posted completely contradicting what you've spewed throughout the entire thread and you just ignored it.

If that were my argument, I would just stay out of a thread. You have nothing to add yet you continue to vehemently defend the fact that xDrive sucks. Have you stopped to consider that perhaps it wasn't tested because of the suspension, rather than the xDrive? Probably not. Because you bought the 335i and it just has to be better. Because Car and Driver indirectly said so. Without posting lap times, or anything else.
Dipshit ?.....now you gonna insult me with your 20 posts and 0 knowlage ?

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 10-22-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #190
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I had to laugh. It was predictable that your point, which has zero objective facts behind it, would ultimately have to be based on this, your childish retort. Golfclap.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #191
2K10E92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Really? Post count? That's what you came up with? Not once in this thread have I made any claim about having extensive knowledge about anything. I haven't said that xDrive is better than anything. You, on the other hand, have made claim after claim about how inferior it is, but have failed to provide any insight or facts as to why this is. I simply want you to back up all of the claims that you make. But you won't, because you are the definition of a fanboy who believes what you bought is the best and there couldn't possibly be something else out there.

This is what I'm talking about:

Quote:
but if theoretically M3 did get AWD version, the X-drive would have to be redesigned.
By making a statement like this, you imply that you have some understanding as to why this would be true. But you don't. You've admitted as much earlier in the thread by saying you don't have any knowledge over this area and rely on the "professionals" to tell you.

But I will ask you again, to elaborate on this statement since you would lead people to believe you do, in fact, know why it needs to be redesigned.

I'm sure you'll ignore everything that I've said again with some sort of deflective response.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #192
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

A
Quote:
Really? Post count? That's what you came up with? Not once in this thread have I made any claim about having extensive knowledge about anything. I haven't said that xDrive is better than anything. You, on the other hand, have made claim after claim about how inferior it is, but have failed to provide any insight or facts as to why this is. I simply want you to back up all of the claims that you make. But you won't, because you are the definition of a fanboy who believes what you bought is the best and there couldn't possibly be something else out there.

This is what I'm talking about:

By making a statement like this, you imply that you have some understanding as to why this would be true. But you don't. You've admitted as much earlier in the thread by saying you don't have any knowledge over this area and rely on the "professionals" to tell you.

But I will ask you again, to elaborate on this statement since you would lead people to believe you do, in fact, know why it needs to be redesigned.

I'm sure you'll ignore everything that I've said again with some sort of deflective response.
All Kolyan and I have done is give our opinions based on personal experience and what we have read. You claerly have too much free time to get this worked up over something as trivial as this post/forum. The OP asked for opinion. That's what he got from quite a few of us.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #193
2K10E92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
A

All Kolyan and I have done is give our opinions based on personal experience and what we have read. You claerly have too much free time to get this worked up over something as trivial as this post/forum. The OP asked for opinion. That's what he got from quite a few of us.
Eh, I'm really not that worked up about it. Regardless, pissing matches aren't what this forum is for, so I'm going to leave this one alone. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll admit that it's just as valid as mine, so let's just move on.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #194
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Eh, I'm really not that worked up about it. Regardless, pissing matches aren't what this forum is for, so I'm going to leave this one alone. You're entitled to your opinion and I'll admit that it's just as valid as mine, so let's just move on.
The problem is that its not just his opinion....

1. 90% of people in this thread (and XI owners) know that X-Drive is not for performance
2. Bimmermag stated that its not for performance
3. Car and Driver stated that 335i handles better then 335xi (pretty obvious that they tested and tracked on both)
4. And then there is M3 which for some weird reason is RWD....
5. NOT a single source said that XI is faster on track and/or a better track car.

In this whole thread there are 2 or 3 ignorant people that said XI has better performance, and they obviously dont know what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigsTwin View Post
It's true, the xi is faster off the line and handles the track better. Otherwise, the i is superior.
^ This ignorant post is the only reason why I made my 1st comment in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #195
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
The problem is that its not just his opinion....

1. 90% of people in this thread (and XI owners) know that X-Drive is not for performance
2. Bimmermag stated that its not for performance
3. Car and Driver stated that 335i handles better then 335xi (pretty obvious that they tested and tracked on both)
4. And then there is M3 which for some weird reason is RWD....
5. NOT a single source said that XI is faster on track and/or a better track car.

In this whole thread there are 2 or 3 ignorant people that said XI has better performance, and they obviously dont know what they are talking about.

^ This ignorant post is the only reason why I made my 1st comment in this thread.
Sorry to be so ignorant:

1. Really? I think that is really limited to the folks with RWD and the open diff.
2. I missed that one, and your point is? Still waiting to hear the reason why it is less of a performance enhancement than the Audi's prior to 2010.
3. C&D did not test the XI at the track - no where in the article does it state that. They did actually state that it was faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile by .5 seconds for both.
4. RWD with an LSD!
5. Lap times shows two tracks where the XI was faster. There was also a test done with the Acura SHAWD sedan, BMW XI, BMW I and the Audi S4. The results placed the I behind the XI at the track.

My point here is to not re-start the argument but to clarify while all of us ignorant folks are proclaiming the XI with at least some form of actual data, the RWD folks are not. Show me some data and stop calling people ignorant when you can provide no data backing up your argument.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #196
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Sorry to be so ignorant:

1. Really? I think that is really limited to the folks with RWD and the open diff.
2. I missed that one, and your point is? Still waiting to hear the reason why it is less of a performance enhancement than the Audi's prior to 2010.
3. C&D did not test the XI at the track - no where in the article does it state that. They did actually state that it was faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile by .5 seconds for both.
4. RWD with an LSD!
5. Lap times shows two tracks where the XI was faster. There was also a test done with the Acura SHAWD sedan, BMW XI, BMW I and the Audi S4. The results placed the I behind the XI at the track.

My point here is to not re-start the argument but to clarify while all of us ignorant folks are proclaiming the XI with at least some form of actual data, the RWD folks are not. Show me some data and stop calling people ignorant when you can provide no data backing up your argument.
2. dont have this link. (maybe someone else here does)
3. CD did test 335xi. Do you think they are stupid and just assume things ?
4. Yes. M3 is RWD with LSD. That why its faster then 335i and 335xi, but why do you think its not M3xi with LSD ?
5. Are you talking about those laptimes ? http://www.fastestlaps.com/track24.html

^ looks like 335i laptimes are better then 335xi in that link (#57 with 328i is a mistake...says in comments)
Attached Images

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 10-25-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #197
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
2. dont have this link
3. CD did test 335xi. Do you think they are stupid and just assume things ?
4. Yes. M3 is RWD with LSD. That why its faster then 335i and 335xi, but why do you think its not M3xi with LSD ?
5. Are you talking about those laptimes ? http://www.fastestlaps.com/track24.html

^ looks like 335i laptimes are better then 335xi in that link (#57 with 328i is a mistake...says in comments)
2. That's OK
3. No I do not think they are stupid. Show me where they tracked it though. It doesn't say anything about any actual track time.
4. The LSD in the M3 is not why it is faster - HP, suspension certainly have a larger impact.
5. Yes - search for the Hockenhiem track. There was also another test track that showed the same.

My point is you guys are calling people ignorant and then provide no real data. You then make statements like number 4 above.

Peace! they are both great cars and the reality is the time difference between the two regardless of which is faster leaves it to the driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #198
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

My God people!

Ease up...BMW is the ultimate compromise car...its the best of all worlds

for us in the north, we like our AWD

I'm sure every XI owner would love a RWD car..but for some of us with family and for our own safety...we just prefer AWD up in the north...thats all there is to it

who cares which one is 0.00000005 sec faster around a lap or even 5 secs faster....no one is tracking their XI (minority)...its mostly a car we use to get to and from HOME!!!! I need to clear my poorly maintained snow covered neighbourhood, which has multiple pathces of solid ice during the winter.

Hence AWD...jeez.
Appreciate 0