E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > unreadable CEL

09-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
ewhite6
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 m3 6mt, 08 135i 6mt

unreadable CEL

Background: really new to me 2010 535i e60 with JB4 G5 iso running map 5

While driving like a normal human being and getting on a on ramp my CEL came on. There was no problem at all with the car, I used the code reader function on my jb4 and was surprised to get these;
2c32 (front o2 censor)
c6cc
29cf (cyl 3 misfire)
29ce (cyl 2 misfire)
29cc (multiple misfire)

I didn't believe it so I pull off and go to autozone the OBD reader shows no CEL even though it is still on the dash, so i go down the street and at oriellys and same thing, they scan it and nothing. I clear the code and proceed to find a closed course and a professional driver in Mexico to see if I can force he code before I have to go on a road trip. After the 2nd 30-120 run the check engine light is flashing and my car is bouncing off the rev limiter and refuses to shift up (DSG auto). I get off the gas and coast and take it out of sport mode it shifts up and check engine light goes away. Then I do another good run to 140, then same flashing check engine light around 80 stuck in gear turn off sport mode it shifts and no more check engine light. Then i run it without sport mode and light comes on solid at 100 and it is misfiring horribly let it idle for 2-3 minutes stops misfiring but CEL stays on with codes;
29d1 (cyl 5 misfire)
2932 (output pressure control valve)
29d0 (cyl 4 misfire)
29cc (multiple misfire)

I don't normally try to blow up my car but I just got it back from the shop on friday after a 2 week stay and supposedly 6 new coils, 6 new injectors, a walnut blasting, and at least one tank of regular gas after geting a CEL light after owning it for only 2 hours. I want to figure out what is wrong so i can try to make the dealer fix it to for free. Otherwise I will have to pay the 100 deductible to get it fixed via warranty.

So yes I am sure one of you masters of all thing BMW knows whats wrong I am just tasked to get you enough of the right info.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
ewhite6
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 m3 6mt, 08 135i 6mt

after a couple beers and rereading what i wrote could this be another HPFP going bad? that would explain the diffrent cylinders misfiring?
Appreciate 0