E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Help needed please

05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
leeme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i m sport

Help needed please

Has anyone fitted a rear strut brace to a e92 335i can't find a DIY anywhere! And I don't know where to start
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

boy you are in for fun! yes ive done it and its a bugger. you have to strip out the carpet both sides of the boot and reveal the struts, hardest thing is lack of access. you have to place the brackets on the inner face of the tower both sides and line them up, better with the bar in place then mark the holes take it away and drill the holes, now the tricky part you have hold the bracket in place put the bolt through the hole and then put the washer and nut down inside the tower onto the bolt. as you will see this is nigh on impossible but it is doeable. the nuts are stainless so if you drop them you cant retrieve them with a magnet. i think it would be better if you could get someone to make a plate with threaded holes which is a mirror image of the bracket so all you have to do is hold the plate inside the tower and thread the bolt though the bracket and into the plate thereby negating the need for the nuts. the other thing is you have to cut a neat hole in the carpet to fit over the brackets. have to say it does make the car very stiff. if you are anywhere near kent id be happy to show you but not do it!!
Appreciate 0