E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Recalls aka Software Updates

02-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
bigred
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 330i

Recalls aka Software Updates

Has any one w/an '06 330i been contacted or come across "recalls" aka software updates by their dealership? Mine was in the shop for a "recall" and hasn't been the same since and its only 9 months old and was perfect until the shop touched it. Any input would be great

Last edited by bigred; 02-08-2006 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
Hawkeye3
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, sport

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
A few prior threads already covered this issue. Search "CIP-20" or "Software Update" on this forum and you will find some info.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

What do you mean exactly by "it hasn't been the same since"
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
bigred
Rep

Thanks. I was so mad last night that my car was back in the shop I didn't think to do a search for the subject matter.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
bigred
Rep

The first time I brought it in for the "recall," it was in the shop for a week because the radio kept "crashing." They finally managed to fix it however it seemed I was getting worse reception than before. Then I noticed my PDC wasn't working, so back in the shop it went again. They ordered a new PDC because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and installed it. Low and behold, the new PDC didn't work either. Now they are thinking they are going to have to replace the entire radio. They told me it has something to do w/ a connection between the radio and the PDC. Whatever. I'm supposed to get a call today re: status. What irritates me the most is that the car was perfect when I bought it May. The minute they "updated" the software back in December things began not to work properly. I should've just kept my '02 330.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
The first time I brought it in for the "recall," it was in the shop for a week because the radio kept "crashing." They finally managed to fix it however it seemed I was getting worse reception than before. Then I noticed my PDC wasn't working, so back in the shop it went again. They ordered a new PDC because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and installed it. Low and behold, the new PDC didn't work either. Now they are thinking they are going to have to replace the entire radio. They told me it has something to do w/ a connection between the radio and the PDC. Whatever. I'm supposed to get a call today re: status. What irritates me the most is that the car was perfect when I bought it May. The minute they "updated" the software back in December things began not to work properly. I should've just kept my '02 330.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal.... I'm also in a somewhat similar situation... my car keeps crashing when they update it.... then they order new parts, which seems to take forever.

I've been without my car for almost 3 weeks now :mad: .
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
bigred
Rep

3 weeks?! That's ridiculous. I hope they've provided you w/a rental. Well, they managed to get my PDC to work. I pick it up tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't find another problem in a week and have to take it back. You know, for the price we are paying/have paid for this vehicle you would think we wouldn't have to go through all of this. They can put a man on the moon...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
3 weeks?! That's ridiculous. I hope they've provided you w/a rental. Well, they managed to get my PDC to work. I pick it up tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't find another problem in a week and have to take it back. You know, for the price we are paying/have paid for this vehicle you would think we wouldn't have to go through all of this. They can put a man on the moon...
Yep... 3 weeks and counting :mad: .
Yes, they hired me an E46 318i.... I've decided to wait and see what their plan is.... at least the car hire company will also screw them if they take too long to return my car.

Apparently they are waiting for parts, but they can't tell me which one ... I suspect they screwed something up and they are struggling to fix it.... I hope my patience will be worth it.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #9
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Ya, while getting my oil changed a week ago, they told me I have 2 software updates regarding emission issues. I was hesistant so I told them I'll schedule for that later on, I don't know if I should get it updated.
      02-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
bigred
Rep

It's probably the same two they did to mine. You know, I don't think you're required to upgrade your software if you don't want to. If you're hesitant on doing so, don't do it. I can tell you one thing, it sure didn't make the car any better w/it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
bigred
Rep

They can't tell you which part they are waiting for?? That's b.s. It's your car, they should tell you.
Appreciate 0