E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > EFI Logics Cobb Protune

12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

EFI Logics Cobb Protune

Folks,

I'm strongly considering getting Cobb within the next few weeks. I know that a lot of people use PTF for protuning, including etuning. I think I would rather go to a local shop and get the car pro tuned, rather than get an etune.

So, does anyone here have experience with EFI logics. They are the closest protuner to where I live.

Please, I'm not looking to be convinced about etuning.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

EFI is a VERY well respected shop. They are THE go-to shop for suby's and such. You will not be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Subscribed...give them a shot. I was going to but I sold my 135i.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

EFI is the bidness. They are an amazing shop.
They do everything on my buddy's STI. Extremely knowledgable tuners.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

I am going to be trying to find a weekend in January to make my way up to the philly / jersey area to host a dyno tuning meet. I just need to choose a shop and get enough people committed. Typically 3-4 people for a saturday session 9-5 is doable.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
M3DCTBT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragi Elias
Folks,

I'm strongly considering getting Cobb within the next few weeks. I know that a lot of people use PTF for protuning, including etuning. I think I would rather go to a local shop and get the car pro tuned, rather than get an etune.

So, does anyone here have experience with EFI logics. They are the closest protuner to where I live.

Thanks.
The tuner / owner of EFI passed away. I do not believe they have someone doing bmw tuning yet for them yet at EFI.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake@PTF View Post
I am going to be trying to find a weekend in January to make my way up to the philly / jersey area to host a dyno tuning meet. I just need to choose a shop and get enough people committed. Typically 3-4 people for a saturday session 9-5 is doable.
Nyc or ban
      12-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragi Elias View Post
Folks,

Thanks.
Was gonna say, wait for Jake to come up to the South Jersey/Philly area to ProTune. I don't think there's a single PTF customer who's been disappointed with the customer service & quality of the tune they've received.

I know that I'm gonna wait for Jake to come up & get a Race Gas tune, and now that the N55 is on COBB, there's a larger audience this will appeal to (hopefully they'll get the Stage 1+ Maps by then)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

Is a Protune something that can just be done in a single day like that? I thought it was somewhat of a back and forth process, and hence why I was looking for a local shop.

I am aware of the individual at EFI who passed away, and I've hear from many that he was a great tuner for BMW. That's one of the reasons I was wondering if anyone knew if EFI had someone else now who was also really good with protuning BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Is a Protune something that can just be done in a single day like that? I thought it was somewhat of a back and forth process, and hence why I was looking for a local shop.

I am aware of the individual at EFI who passed away, and I've hear from many that he was a great tuner for BMW. That's one of the reasons I was wondering if anyone knew if EFI had someone else now who was also really good with protuning BMWs.
An Etune is a back and forth process.Getting the car tuned in person doesn't take that long.
      12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
acdHQK713K
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Nyc or ban
SoCal. Ill be waiting.....
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
I actually got 2 ProTune Maps made by Jake in the same day . It took a couple of hours of street tuning (making some pulls, taking data & making revisions) but for me it was really cool to see (and feel ) the tune slowly reach a finished product.

Like he's already said, expect a ProTune Dyno somewhere in the South Jersey/Philly area. Once your car is on a dyno, it'll go through the same process (a pull, take some data, modify the tune & repeat until you reach a finished product).

Quote:
This is true. BobS had his car tuned by EFI and is very happy with it, but the tuner at EFI did pass away over the summer. I'm not sure if another BMW COBB tuner has been hired
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AP e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Nyc or ban
      12-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
ZTZ1010
Aficionado of All Things Vroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DCTBT View Post
The tuner / owner of EFI passed away. I do not believe they have someone doing bmw tuning yet for them yet at EFI.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post

This is true. BobS had his car tuned by EFI and is very happy with it, but the tuner at EFI did pass away over the summer. I'm not sure if another BMW COBB tuner has been hired
I was at EFI about a month ago talking Joe and Pete, one of the techs and their office manager. As of October, they had not hired another full time or in house tuner. I believe they have brought someone in part time mostly for their mitsu/subaru stuff, but they've been operating on a very limited scale since Chris (their tuner) passed away. If you're interested, I'd email Pete (you can find his contact info on their website) as he will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Retired:
'18 6MT AW F30 340x Drive | '15 6MT F80 M3| '11 AW DCT E92 M3| '09 6MT AW E90 335i| 08' 6MT E92 328xi

Last edited by ZTZ1010; 12-17-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
DarkAsNight
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Had my Stang tuned my EFI multiple times. N/A, and custom Twin turbo. Chris was an amazing tuner my car should have blow up but the guy had some serious talent and knew what he was doing. I would expect them to fill his shoes with someone as reputable just in his memory but who knows. I know late july they had a Cobb specific tuner out of texas I believe but as stated before things have changed.

RIP Chris
Appreciate 0