E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BSH Competition Oil Catch Can **FULL REVIEW/DIY**

04-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #67
335si
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Anyone heard back from BSH? Have you received the missing clip etc? How long did it take to receive it? Did they charge you?

2007 BMW 335i Cpe AW 6MT - All Stock
1972 Yamaha R5 (350 2-stroke)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #68
v4voodoo
Private
Rep
Drives: Blue 07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
Update 04/05/10:

For those of you who have purchased the BSH OCC and are having issues with the PCV adapter popping off when reinstalling the engine cover please contact info@bshspeedshop.com and they will be able to provide you with the new modified piece promptly.
So if I order this through you guys now I get the proper clip?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #69
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335si View Post
Anyone heard back from BSH? Have you received the missing clip etc? How long did it take to receive it? Did they charge you?
I got a reply from BSH 5 days ago. The reply indicated that they were still finsihing the update and that they would put me on a list to send one when they are finished. I have not recieved anything. Here is the exact wording from the 4/1 email they sent me:

"We are currently finishing the update on the N54 kits. Once we have them complete, we will be happy to swap the one you have now for the updated part. We will just need you to return the original one so we can remove it from circulation.I will have our Sales Team enter in a Warranty Consideration order for you, so that when the update is complete, we can make sure you get one."

I think it may not be right for the vendors or anyone else to be implying that these fixes are ready for prompt shipment. As of 5 days ago they were not ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #70
335si
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
I got a reply from BSH 5 days ago. The reply indicated that they were still finsihing the update and that they would put me on a list to send one when they are finished. I have not recieved anything. Here is the exact wording from the 4/1 email they sent me:

"We are currently finishing the update on the N54 kits. Once we have them complete, we will be happy to swap the one you have now for the updated part. We will just need you to return the original one so we can remove it from circulation.I will have our Sales Team enter in a Warranty Consideration order for you, so that when the update is complete, we can make sure you get one."

I think it may not be right for the vendors or anyone else to be implying that these fixes are ready for prompt shipment. As of 5 days ago they were not ready.
In addition, you would think testing would have been completed on them....especially since this can isn't cheap

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #71
IlChengis
once Treppiede
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

$230+ for a catch can? Hard to justify, I don't doubt the quality is top notch, but this is certainly not the first well made catch can I see but it is the first one at this price. Talk about BMW tax.

Damnit, now I want one. Does anyone want to sell me their Riss Racing one? I'll make it work... seriously. PM me.

Former_Boosted_IS: Thank you for the review man, good read and nice pics!

-Walter

PS= have you guys found any good GB for this OCC?
      04-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #72
335si
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey Former how did your kit come with the clip and mine did not? I ordered after you and looking at your parts pack I can't seem to find the clip....so how did you get it

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #73
BSH Speedshop
Rep
Drives: All Turbo's

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update to clear up any questions.

The fittings as they are never gave us any issue during all of our testing. However once end users began installing them we got a few questions about it so we adopted the clip into the line up. Felt it was a small enough detail that it would be worth the time savings to add.

Now that said, if anyone who has already purchased our kit would like to add these additions we would be more than happy to oblige. It will require us to exchange the fitting with a new one which will be tapped for the clip. We wont charge you for it, however we will want the other one back. There is some basic info we require so please contact us directly at info@bshspeedshop.com so we can offer you the best possible service.

Thank you,
-BSH
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #74
BSH Speedshop
Rep

-10 is an actual size. It is spoken "Dash 10". Its comparative size is 5/8".

"Push lock" or "Push to lock" is a style of hose and fitting that does not require a clamp to seal.

There are two forms, one that will seal under vacuum only, and a more aggressive style that can be used on systems which see pressure.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #75
Rockstarr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 440ix

Does the can have a designated inlet & outlet or is it universal? I assumed the latter.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #76
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Belarus, I am glad it helped. It is an easy install, but if you have any questions along the way just pm me.
Thank you for the offer, considering your DYI's very thorough with supporting pictures, they're usually stupid proof...

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #77
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH Speedshop View Post

The fittings as they are never gave us any issue during all of our testing. However once end users began installing them we got a few questions about it so we adopted the clip into the line up. Felt it was a small enough detail that it would be worth the time savings to add.

Now that said, if anyone who has already purchased our kit would like to add these additions we would be more than happy to oblige. It will require us to exchange the fitting with a new one which will be tapped for the clip. We wont charge you for it, however we will want the other one back. There is some basic info we require so please contact us directly at info@bshspeedshop.com so we can offer you the best possible service.

Thank you,
-BSH

BSH, thanks for the update.

It sounds like the upgrade process should be easy for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #78
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarr View Post
Does the can have a designated inlet & outlet or is it universal? I assumed the latter.
There is no "in" or "out" designated pipe on the can.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:24 AM   #79
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
Thank you for the offer, considering your DYI's very thorough with supporting pictures, they're usually stupid proof...
Lol, that is a good thing then.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #80
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH Speedshop View Post

Thank you,
-BSH
Thank you for the update. For me however it is not clear if the clip ist a must or not? Is there an issue with installing the kit in its original set-up (without the clip)?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #81
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

I used a couple of Zip ties to secure mine as I thought there was a risk of it coming loose anyway when I did the instal. I didn't know about the new part till today though.
      04-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #82
BSH Speedshop
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
Thank you for the update. For me however it is not clear if the clip ist a must or not? Is there an issue with installing the kit in its original set-up (without the clip)?
As mentioned in previous post "The fittings as they are never gave us any issue during all of our testing. However once end users began installing them we got a few questions about it so we adopted the clip into the line up. Felt it was a small enough detail that it would be worth the time savings to add."

We were asked some questions, felt we could make a simple addition to alleviate them being asked in the future, and have made it available for customers who want the addition at no cost.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #83
335si
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So when can we expect to hear back from you and when will the replacement parts ship. I will wait for the part to install the kit as I don't want to take the car apart twice.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #84
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335si View Post
So when can we expect to hear back from you and when will the replacement parts ship. I will wait for the part to install the kit as I don't want to take the car apart twice.
+1 What's the ship date? I was told I was added to a warranty item list. I am hoping you send the new part, and then I send the old one back.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #85
illone
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

They should install these at the factory.

Mine goes on whenever I take delivery of the dps I ordered three weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #86
Rockstarr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
There is no "in" or "out" designated pipe on the can.
Thanks, i feel better now.

I didn't get the clip with mine however I just did a slight mod using a small amount of 3/4" heater hose, 2 hose clamps and the stock blow-by connection.

I cut the stock plastic tubing off of the stock connection that attaches to the inlet then joined it to the BSH connector using the heater hose. Worked like a charm and I have no concerns that the hoses will come apart since I am using the stock connection.

Overall I am very happy with this OCC.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #87
IlChengis
once Treppiede
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Question for BSH: Why is the drain valve on the side as opposed to the bottom? I'd think having the valve on the bottom would allow a more thorough drain and a cleaner job... am I missing something?

Thank you,

-Walter
      04-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #88
335si
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well I couldn't wait to install so I made my own modifications and created my own clip using a drill, some aluminum stock (actually picked up a piece of gutter material at home depot for $0.79 and cut it up) and a screw that I cut using a dremel. Bent the aluminum gutter material to look like the one Former posted. How do you all think it looks?

Appreciate 0