E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Lease End Inspection Experiences

09-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
acs1016
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Lease End Inspection Experiences

I wanted to see what kind of experience people had with their lease end inspection. Are they pretty strict on it if you are going to lease another car? If you are under mileage do they give you a credit? I have a couple of scratches on the left side of my car that are not deep at all but extend to two different panels (someone keyed it ugh). They are over 2 inches long. Also, I have a slight crack on the very top center of my windshield but it's not in the wipers range. Also, I switched my tires and don't have RTFs on them (but I figure I can buy used ones instead of paying $300 each). I was just curious if other people paid a lot at the end or were they pretty accommodating?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

This varies greatly depending on the dealer and/or person doing the inspection. I've returned multiple vehicles (leasing a new one each time) and never had even the slightest issue, but I take good care of the cars.

To answer your questions, they seem to be more lenient if you are leasing another car. They will absolutely not credit you anything for being under miles. Normal wear and tear scratches are usually fine, but if it's cross-panel from being keyed you may have an issue there. Is the crack in the windshield repairable without replacing the glass? If so, your insurance probably covers it with no deductible, so just get it fixed. You need OE tires or they will bill you for a new set of 4, so get used ones which will pass the lease end inspection.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
psc87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
This varies greatly depending on the dealer and/or person doing the inspection. I've returned multiple vehicles (leasing a new one each time) and never had even the slightest issue, but I take good care of the cars.

To answer your questions, they seem to be more lenient if you are leasing another car. They will absolutely not credit you anything for being under miles. Normal wear and tear scratches are usually fine, but if it's cross-panel from being keyed you may have an issue there. Is the crack in the windshield repairable without replacing the glass? If so, your insurance probably covers it with no deductible, so just get it fixed. You need OE tires or they will bill you for a new set of 4, so get used ones which will pass the lease end inspection.
That's surprising, I'm about taking delivery of a new BMW lease for the first time and was considering electing a higher amount than 12k because I feel I may use a little bit more. And was fine paying more upfront since I thought I would be given a credit for under usage, but this changes things. I'll have to be more on top of the mileage when I increase/decrease it periodically before the lease is up.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by psc87 View Post
That's surprising, I'm about taking delivery of a new BMW lease for the first time and was considering electing a higher amount than 12k because I feel I may use a little bit more. And was fine paying more upfront since I thought I would be given a credit for under usage, but this changes things. I'll have to be more on top of the mileage when I increase/decrease it periodically before the lease is up.
No lease company (at least, ones directly affilicated with manufacturers like BMWFS) ever credits back unused miles, so it's wise to carefully consider the mileage you need. With a lease, you are essentially paying per mile - it's better to go over by a little than give a car back under miles.

BMWFS lets you purchase additional miles at a discounted $0.17/mi if you buy them at least 3 months before lease end. Otherwise, they charge $0.20/mi.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
psc87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
No lease company (at least, ones directly affilicated with manufacturers like BMWFS) ever credits back unused miles, so it's wise to carefully consider the mileage you need. With a lease, you are essentially paying per mile - it's better to go over by a little than give a car back under miles.

BMWFS lets you purchase additional miles at a discounted $0.17/mi if you buy them at least 3 months before lease end. Otherwise, they charge $0.20/mi.
Thanks, this was really helpful!
Appreciate 0