E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #2971
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
yep! Elk Grove deserves my business even tho i have to drive hecka far on every trip. but they do stand their "excellent customer satisfaction" weather when my cars are in or out of warranty. they even introduced me the tech who worked on my cars so it's kinda like building a great relationship between customers and dealership.
word! I'll see what Bob C can do for me with my Maintenance package. I hope he can pull some strings and try to give me my monies worth at least.

honestly I will be pretty unhappy if they can't. I would feel that they took advantage of me especially since when I purchased the extended maintenance package, Fulton's printer didn't work so I walked away with no paper work to review. once I got it it read "2 years" or 100k. Not what the guy told me, he told me maintenance up to 100k and CPO 2 years or 100k. F'n weasel. My fault i should have known. I even made it clear when I left and he said, yup! anyway, live and learn. My first purchase at a dealer. HAHA..

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #2972
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
word! I'll see what Bob C can do for me with my Maintenance package. I hope he can pull some strings and try to give me my monies worth at least.

honestly I will be pretty unhappy if they can't. I would feel that they took advantage of me especially since when I purchased the extended maintenance package, Fulton's printer didn't work so I walked away with no paper work to review. once I got it it read "2 years" or 100k. Not what the guy told me, he told me maintenance up to 100k and CPO 2 years or 100k. F'n weasel. My fault i should have known. I even made it clear when I left and he said, yup! anyway, live and learn. My first purchase at a dealer. HAHA..
it's either/or. either 2 yrs is up or ur car reaches 100k. and by what like my situation was, i didn't blame them not replacing my belts since the crack was so little and didn't meet their claim requirement. i know bob has been pushing very hard on all my repairs and try to give me as much out as i can.

as far as the fineprint and such documents, i learned and rather 100% trust the sales, i do my homework most of the time at home and read it from all resources i can before approaching to the stealership and getting my ass rapped.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #2973
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
it's either/or. either 2 yrs is up or ur car reaches 100k. and by what like my situation was, i didn't blame them not replacing my belts since the crack was so little and didn't meet their claim requirement. i know bob has been pushing very hard on all my repairs and try to give me as much out as i can.

as far as the fineprint and such documents, i learned and rather 100% trust the sales, i do my homework most of the time at home and read it from all resources i can before approaching to the stealership and getting my ass rapped.

The only research I did was cost and options. I didn't know you could purchase extended maintenance till I got there.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #2974
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
LOL yea, i understand the situation of the sales. they SHOULDN'T put it on their site if someone already put down a deposit and try to bait other customers in and turn around and try to sell them something else. that's why when i shop for cars, i call, confirm and re-confirm once again before i drive over to make sure that IS available. when i bought my X5, i drove all the way out to Berkeley weatherford bmw, i at least confirmed with the guy 5 times during the whole week on a once a day basis before i was able to drive down on Saturday. i even called and re-confirmed the minute before i start driving, i was like "if the car is not available or somehow it is going to be sold to someone in the coming hour, im not driving down and waste my hour trip." so the guy was nice enough and put a hold on it, even the website still advertising it, but they ensure me there will not be any transaction done to that specific car im looking at until i get there.
Good advice! I'll be doing that next time, although i didnt want to come off like i was 100% yet, wanted to try and wiggle a few hundred off lol.

Quote:
I second that, I HATE Fulton. that's where I bought my car. I'll save the rant because i feel some of it was my fault (as in i should have known better), but they are weasels there.

Elk Grove is a much better Shop so far they have been great to me.

Fulton man, fucking pricks. 1 time i asked how much to get the projectors/xenon for my E46, they parts guy told me "they are very expensive" LOL, So I said cool and walked out. thanks for answering my question. I was about 25 at the time, but so what.
We'll there service department is different than there sales so thats good that your having good service at elk grove. Thats also very terrible that the guy at fulton said "its expensive" If i heard that i would have said, "Sure maybe to you on a bmw service reps salary" Just to be an ass right back to that prick.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #2975
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
ill be at bobs desk tomorrow.. damn pesky seat belt restraint/airbag light likes to come on when it feels like it
      08-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #2976
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Good advice! I'll be doing that next time, although i didnt want to come off like i was 100% yet, wanted to try and wiggle a few hundred off lol.
yea i feel you. i didn't even give the guy 50% confirm i'll buy it over the phone, i'm just give him a chance that could be a deal. if he's willing to work a favorite to me to hold the car, he has better chance to earn my commission. of cuz til the last minute i was haggling him to know down the price of the car and also bump up my trade in price on the other car. to the point i can see he wants to make a sales, i was like, "ok if you bring the x5 down to this figure and bring my trade in to this figure, go ahead and prep me the paperwork". sure i stood on my number strong and the worst case i'll just drive my car back to sac if he's not gonna make a deal. u know how stealership tactic, they always love to play the "oh i need to talk to the manager to make sure he's comfortable with this number". i told him go ahead and make sure his manager is happy with that number before come talk to me. so at the end his manager came up to me and i just told him straight up, don't play any number game with me, what i gave him is what my bottom line is. sure enough i made that day short, less than an hour from getting the contract type up and straight done with the finance.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #2977
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

I don't think I have bought a car from a dealership or had a dealership do work on my car in years. And I never will. Its all a sham and I can do anything their techs can do with my own tools at my house.

Rip offs.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #2978
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
I don't think I have bought a car from a dealership or had a dealership do work on my car in years. And I never will. Its all a sham and I can do anything their techs can do with my own tools at my house.

Rip offs.
Very true, whats worse is that BMW dealers (probably mercedes and lexus too??) charge double for the same basics that ford, chevy, honda, or toyota would charge for (parts are cheaper too) Breaks, Oil, Coolant, ect...
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #2979
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Very true, whats worse is that BMW dealers (probably mercedes and lexus too??) charge double for the same basics that ford, chevy, honda, or toyota would charge for (parts are cheaper too) Breaks, Oil, Coolant, ect...
There is a huge price difference between having a toyota worked on vs a lexus and they are virtually the same vehicle. Kinda sad but it is what it is..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #2980
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
after the PCV, routine maint all done, cleaning the FMIC, my preventative keeps going. gonna get a set of new boost solenoids and replace them cuz i had 30FF a few weeks ago and i suspect my 6 years old solenoids are giving up soon... damn this car...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #2981
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
after the PCV, routine maint all done, cleaning the FMIC, my preventative keeps going. gonna get a set of new boost solenoids and replace them cuz i had 30FF a few weeks ago and i suspect my 6 years old solenoids are giving up soon... damn this car...
Damn the Luck!

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #2982
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Damn the Luck!
yea right Vince? tell me bout it. soon i think im gonna replace my vanos solenoids too, i heard they are going bad with age... damn this car huh?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #2983
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
yea right Vince? tell me bout it. soon i think im gonna replace my vanos solenoids too, i heard they are going bad with age... damn this car huh?
yeah, especially for you. I mean you barely put miles on it and you still have to deal with crap.

ever think about DPs? may be my spring mod.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #2984
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, especially for you. I mean you barely put miles on it and you still have to deal with crap.

ever think about DPs? may be my spring mod.
yea, hahahaha... sucks for me. maybe the car is not driven a lot enough so she get pissed at me, LOLOL.

thought about it but my smog is coming up in a few months, so no DP for me yet. and don't wanna deal with the hassle every 2 years. been debating the DP since 2 years ago but i still haven't pull trigger on it yet.

what's new lately?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #2985
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
yea, hahahaha... sucks for me. maybe the car is not driven a lot enough so she get pissed at me, LOLOL.

thought about it but my smog is coming up in a few months, so no DP for me yet. and don't wanna deal with the hassle every 2 years. been debating the DP since 2 years ago but i still haven't pull trigger on it yet.

what's new lately?
Yeah, I always forget about SMOG. But can't we pass? I know a place who will over look the DPs. Can't see them anyway, and with the COBB S2 MAPs have built in Co2 delete.

nothing new for me since my Spark Plug replacement. going to take my car in soon for a final inspection. going to cruz through winter, save some cash. got another mortgage to take care of now. Then marriage then kids....

I am dealing with my timing correction issue. 3rd Gear Logs and 3rd gear through 4th logs look great. But its when I do a WOT pull from 1st or 2nd though the gears I get heavy timing corrections. I guess the car is under heavier load. Not sure. sent some logs to Dz and Jake for a look over. Car seems fine otherwise, no misfires at least.

almost at 67k.. AHHHHHH. nearly 1200 miles a month. O'well, its a great commuter! I'll easily break 100k before the car is paid off.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #2986
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, I always forget about SMOG. But can't we pass? I know a place who will over look the DPs. Can't see them anyway, and with the COBB S2 MAPs have built in Co2 delete.

nothing new for me since my Spark Plug replacement. going to take my car in soon for a final inspection. going to cruz through winter, save some cash. got another mortgage to take care of now. Then marriage then kids....

I am dealing with my timing correction issue. 3rd Gear Logs and 3rd gear through 4th logs look great. But its when I do a WOT pull from 1st or 2nd though the gears I get heavy timing corrections. I guess the car is under heavier load. Not sure. sent some logs to Dz and Jake for a look over. Car seems fine otherwise, no misfires at least.

almost at 67k.. AHHHHHH. nearly 1200 miles a month. O'well, its a great commuter! I'll easily break 100k before the car is paid off.
well if we put in kittyless, than for sure the emission is not gonna pass, and since we still have sniffer in CA, it will be a big FAIL on the test. if theres no mo sniffer, then i'll think bout it =)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #2987
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Then marriage then kids....
i was gonna say "welcome to the club!" LOL, wife and kids r not slipping you an extra penny on toy once you have both... LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #2988
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
well if we put in kittyless, than for sure the emission is not gonna pass, and since we still have sniffer in CA, it will be a big FAIL on the test. if theres no mo sniffer, then i'll think bout it =)
Well if I do DPs this spring, i will only have 1 year before I have to SMOG again. It may be worth it. I am sure install and removal will get easier over time.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #2989
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
see you are still a single man, you can do all the log and stuff as much as you want, look at me, my oil pan gasket sipping oil and turbo line sipping oil been over 1.5 month and i have no time to take care that shit yet, im more like whtever, let that shit leak for now... LOL

family always > toy
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #2990
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well if I do DPs this spring, i will only have 1 year before I have to SMOG again. It may be worth it. I am sure install and removal will get easier over time.
yea but everytime u spend 3 hrs on the removal is time consuming... i have no extra 3 hrs now, hahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #2991
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
i was gonna say "welcome to the club!" LOL, wife and kids r not slipping you an extra penny on toy once you have both... LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup, my last days of single are over. I'll finish up with this car, then comes the x1 or x3 or x5. who knows maybe a F31.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #2992
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
yea but everytime u spend 3 hrs on the removal is time consuming... i have no extra 3 hrs now, hahahahahaha
it will give me a reason to drink a 6 pack.

Appreciate 0