E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Crap..., another Bump and Run!!!

01-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #23
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I don't understand why security cameras are always such terrible quality. Cell phone cameras shoot better picture. Whenever I see a bank robbery on the news, the camera footage is always grainy. How have businesses not upgraded their cameras yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #24
piker28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

They are all cheap. My company is the same way, I would never trust one of these cameras with my life. But we are a distributor and the owner will freak out when something is stolen.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #25
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
My theory is that the coworker was still too far away. Also if they didn't care about the damage, it might be a 5 second glance before they ran away, and of course, that's to make sure their car is drivable (e.g. the bumper won't drag the road). Living in an area full of Asian FOB dumbasses and having a hit-and-run that cost me my job once (somebody hit the company car) and having a car I meticulously cared for hit twice (and my car's particular shade of touch-up paint was hard to find), I've seen shit like this plenty of times... So it even got to the point where I leave a note as a witness whenever I see bullshit like this.
That's pretty interesting, someone hit your co. car, and you lost your job. They probably did you a favor, that's not a very good co. to work for. Where is it that you live again anyway
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #26
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
That's pretty interesting, someone hit your co. car, and you lost your job. They probably did you a favor, that's not a very good co. to work for. Where is it that you live again anyway
I'm in Baconville! J/K I'm in Southern California. The shipping company actually happened to be a bunch of Chinese dumbasses that had no concept of American law (since of course, law enforcement is notoriously lax in China); I worked the sales division (desk jockey) for a year before something serious happened on my lunch break (but my boss insisted I caused the ripple effect) and got demoted to driver for a few months since the delivery driver department happened to be severely understaffed anyway, where I'd even log 11 hours on the road (federal mandate maximum 6 hours) and drive 18-wheelers despite not being properly licensed... Not to mention it was written policy to terminate any employee that damages the vehicle unless there is a witness (none), camera (none at all), or other person's insurance info.

Yet ironically, no matter how many times we report one guy that goes home to cook and sleep on the job while other people don't even have time to eat their packed lunch, or another incident where the same guy knocked off a huge chunk of the warehouse wall, he still works there to this day. So yes, I'm glad to be out of there, and if it wasn't for the fact that it's mostly staffed by immigrants that don't know American law, I'm sure they won't even be in business.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0