E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > small ding on the fuel cover

01-10-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

small ding on the fuel cover

so i just got my first ding/dent with a tad bit of paint that came off - right in the middle of my fuel cover. looks like a door opened into it and the pointed end hit it. I ts very small, but VERY annoying. Any suggestions? Buy a new fuel cover and have it painted?

This irks me as I was just about to Zaino my car.....now this. :mad:
      01-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
ICALL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Carbon Black M Sport

Sorry to hear about your ding. Luckily it was only the fuel door. I have to imagine its a relatively inexpensive area of the car to fix.

My wife has a ton of these on her car. I was very concerned waiting for my new 335 thinking about all the dings I'd get. A friend of mine has a 540i and he always backs into parking spots. I asked if it was because of the lower front on the BMW(heard some ripped their bumper off on the parking stumps) He said no that it was to avoid dings. The passenger mirror tilts down to aid in backing in as close to the curb as possible. When my 335 came I was happy to find my car's passenger mirror did the same.(as well as having a lip on the tire which protects the rim)

I'm sure I look like a spaz in the morning at the gym when I park a football field away from the gym(if I don't get the closest spot to the gym over 4 different rows, the next closest corner spot is about 30-40 yards away at the opposite end of the lot). Its nice knowing you can open your coupe's door all the way and barely reach the line on your parking space. I am waiting for the day for some @sshole to park over the line and closer to my car.

If you find nothing here, try autopia or bimmerfest. I found a really interesting article on fixing chips and deep scratches at bimmerfest.

Here's some links on a quick search. Try searching for paintless dent repair. Good luck

http://www.dingking.tv/

http://www.dentwiz.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

thanks!!!