E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Deck menu missing album/etc selection using USB drive

09-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Deck menu missing album/etc selection using USB drive

Hi all,

I lightly digged through this board but can't find what I am experiencing. I am currently using a small old USB stick for getting music to the 6FL deck. If I turn on the car and plug the USB stick in, everything is fine and dandy, it sorts all the album/artist/list info and everything works.

However if I leave the USB stick in, turn off the car. walk away for a while, come back and start the car, LIST, ART, ALB, and a few other options are missing. I only have TRACK, RND and DIR left. If I want LIST, ART, etc back I need to unplug the USB stick and plug it back it, which is very annoying to do it everytime I start the car up.

My USB stick is only 256MB, so it is not because of lengthy indexing that it requires on every car start. Also, the LIST, ART, ALB never comes back no matter how long I wait. I have no problem continue in playing the last playlist/album, but I can no longer access LIST/ART/ALB, etc unless I replug the USB stick........

Anybody experiencing this and know what the root cause is? Thanks!
Appreciate 0