E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Oil leak top of engine 335i

09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemballa1980 View Post
Speaking of which (and slightly OT!) - Anything major for the 100k? Already did the trans fluid / gasket @ 60k so may be due again?
Yeah the turbos are to be replaced at 100k kays, RB sell some cheap replacements
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Yeah the turbos are to be replaced at 100k kays, RB sell some cheap replacements
LOL Come on shane we all know you want it!! Considering how much you have done to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
The engine oil thing is kinda weird in my experience. I bought my car in Melbourne and drove it home over 2 days. On the monday I got the same error (add 1.5L of oil) I started shitting bricks thinking I had purchased a dud as it had only been serviced the week before.

I read a shitload of threads on here, and its normal to top up oil once in between the scheduled service (heck bmw even have a nice little strap in the boot to hold a 1L container of engine oil)

In the 12 months since the error has never came back on and I have only had to add around 500ml's.

It has been speculated a few times on the australian 1 addicts forum that the bmw dealers are not filling the engine to capacity and Gerry had the same issue with his M3 then when he went to advan they filled it correctly and no more top up engine oil message...
Yea exactly my point is that the car was recently serviced but yet it needs a top up?? I'll be furious if I found out that the engine oil is not properly filled!

Hmmm just spoke to BMW looks like they just ask me to come in a just top it up. Just also found out that my battery cable recal campaign needs to be done.
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #25
James335i147
Rep
Drives: 06 335i Saloon

Similar issue!

Am getting 30ff boost pressure low so swapped out vacuum lines behind oil filter to the bottom of the vacuum canisters. Easy enough.

However, still get 30ff.

Removed engine cover and 4 out of 6 (middle 4) spark plugs had shed loads of oil in them. As I pulled coil pacs out, the first inch was covered.

Clearly this is most likely a valve cover gasket?

Happened on my 325i e46

Car is stock.

Appreciate any help!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #26
James335i147
Rep
Drives: 06 335i Saloon

It's a 335i with 95k (miles) on clock too :-)
Appreciate 0