E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Old Datalog and New Problem

10-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Old Datalog and New Problem

Okay, when the OFT was released I waited a week before getting one to stack with my Rev 3 Procede. After doing the magic, I noticed the car felt sluggish with the Procede enabled and quite nice when put into map 0. After discussing things with Shiv, he updated my Procede map from 100% ignition correction to 40%, which allowed for much improved top end performance. Shiv asked for a log, which I sent, but he never let me know if it was okay. The car works pretty well at WOT with this setup, but part throttle response caused some sort of boost/throttle oscillations.

Now that the weather has turned cold, I get consistent engine lights and subsequent rough driving when I go WOT and the RPM go beyond 4500-5000 RPM and even on occasions when I go for more than 80% throttle. I pulled the codes tonight and got
P2AAF - Fuel Pump Plausibility (have seen this in the past);
P2C32 - Lambda Probe in Front of Catalytic Converter 2, Trimming Control;
P2C31 - Lambda Probe in Front of Catalytic Converter, Trimming Control;
P29CD - Misfire Cylinder 1;
P29D0 - Misfire Cylinder 4; and
P29CC - Multiple Cylinder Misfires.

The problems go away if I use the Procede or the OFT tablet to clear the codes and on occasion the light will turn off on its own with the car returning to normal operation. I will see if I can get another log from the PROcede tomorrow, but since I don't know for sure the initial log is okay, I would like more information before opening the hood.

The car has a catback exhaust, DCI, and more than 90k on the odometer. I think some parts are getting old, but with the issue cropping up with the change of weather, it's difficult to pinpoint a part as the culprit. In the meantime, if somebody can look at my logs (in a poorly controlled environment, sorry for the length and inconsistent pulls) and let me know if they were at least okay 6 weeks ago, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Nyulak
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I run a stacked setup as well and get the fuel pump plausibility and catalytic codes just like you.

However, I don't get any misfires - that is probably why you are getting an SES light.

I don't think those other codes are anything to worry about......you just need to figure out why you are misfiring.

Could be plugs, coils, injectors or even carbon buildup on your intake valves.

Easiest to put in new plugs as a starting point and go from there.

If you post up a datalog more people can help out

You should also post up your user adjustable settings from the Procede.......some may be conflicting with the flash.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Oops I forgot to attach the log in my original post.

http://datazap.me/u/nyulak/procede-m...age-1-20130821

Procede settings coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Procede settings. I use map 2. The original map 2 settings were the same as map 1, and this caused timing to be pulled, which is why my first experience stacking was less than ideal. Now with this map - aside from my current issue - the top-end performance is improved. The responsiveness for the first 2k RPM actually feels better when running the Proced in map 0, but I spend most of my time on the highway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
Procede settings. I use map 2. The original map 2 settings were the same as map 1, and this caused timing to be pulled, which is why my first experience stacking was less than ideal. Now with this map - aside from my current issue - the top-end performance is improved. The responsiveness for the first 2k RPM actually feels better when running the Proced in map 0, but I spend most of my time on the highway.
Are you running the OFT procede fuel flash? or a stage 1 flash?

Also if you want a more responsive boost curve, try setting your Boost Control Gain setting in the user adjustable menu to a higher value......start with 50 and then try 55 and see what happens.

This should give you a more responsive boost ramp up at lower rpms.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Fuel flash
Appreciate 0