E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > new brakes

12-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
//Mike135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340xi MPPSK

Garage List
new brakes

just went to my dealership and bought my new rotors and pads for my 330i. Final cost before installation $631.51 after ,my bmw car club membership discount. now i have to pay about $200 for installation at local mechanic. more expensive then my last bmws but my stock rotors and pad lasted 60k miles and the computer says theres still 9k miles before i have to do the fronts but im doing all four corners at one time.

now once i do my brakes how do i reset the computer since im out of warrenty or do i have to bring it to the dealership so they can rob me???
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Are you sure you wouldn’t want to do them yourself? I can knock 4 brakes out + system bleed and reset in a little over an hour.

As for resetting the system, make sure you replaced both sensors, turn the ignition to on, but don’t crank the car, let it sit for about a minute, pull the key out, then start the car, lights should go out. If you are paying a shop to do it then they should knock that out also.
Appreciate 0