E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dyno Post-Updated DME + HPFP Replacement

06-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

Dyno Post-Updated DME + HPFP Replacement

Hey guys, following my "Dinan Flashers -- Quick Question" thread.....

I had my car dyno'd today.....

This was after having had my car flashed to stock, programmed with the latest DME, and then reflashed with DSII. Because my HPFP was throwing some "low pressure errors" when I asked them to check (2nd time it did this at the dealer), they replaced it with (apparently) a new one (not rebuilt, so they say). This was done about 10 days ago.....

In my opinion, the car felt slightly more responsive off the throttle, but not really that much.....

This dyno was done at the same shop, same Dynojet dyno as last time....
There were some differences this time however,

1.) Rims: Morr VS8s, which are 19lbs each, on Falken FK-452s
Previous run was done on the stock 189s on the RFTs

2.) KWV2s this time, last time it was stock Sports suspension (probably inconsequential)

3.) Most importantly, CF roundels, they're super light (LOL)

Running conditions this run:

Temp 22 C
Humidity 40%
Shell Vpower 91 octane

Running conditions previous run:

Temp 14.55 C
Humidity 21%
Shell Vpower 91 Octane

Results

Prev Run

MaxwHp 303.89 MaxwTq 335.73 (Stock was ~262hp/277tq)
AFR went down very rich to about 10!

Today's Run

MaxwHP 306.78 MaxwTq 345.76
AFRs were more reasonable at 11.46

The curve is still doing the little "dip" btw 22-2700rpm......it was postulated it might be due to the HPFP, but that's been replaced, so it really can't be that.....I don't know why it does that, maybe it's just how the tune is coded.....maybe I should get a boost gauge.....

Though the numbers were slightly higher, I would attribute it to the lighter wheels I'm running.....

Anyways, please, non-Dinan flashers, I know, I know, it's a "waste of money"......blah blah, this post is not about comparing tunes, it's just to give some info the community about updating the DME prior to modding, or in this case, for Dinan runners who were considering it flashing to stock and then reflashing......I really don't think it makes a difference, and the power I'm feeling off the throttle is likely cause I'm on lighter wheels now, and because I'm a gaylord who is indulging in the placebo effect.....

Anyways, flame-on....

Marty
Attached Images

06-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
thanks for the info!!